Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton Wanderers, 26/11/12

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
First an important word on the behaviour of Albion fans in the last few weeks. Overall the vast majority of our supporters have, as usual, been exemplary and a credit to the club this season...

However, it is regrettable that we have seen some anti-social behaviour creeping in at recent home and away matches amongst a small minority of our supporters.

There were several incidents in the North Stand at our last home game against Peterborough United, including ejections for drinking in the stands. This is unacceptable and not permitted in view of the pitch at any football ground in the UK. It also puts our licence to serve alcohol in jeopardy, which would have a severe impact on the club.

Furthermore we have also issued a five-year stadium ban to an individual who admitted using racist language during the Leeds United match on 2nd November. The abuse was reported to the club by Albion supporters seated in the same area after the match. Following an investigation the person involved was traced by the club and admitted using racist language.

We have a zero tolerance policy on racial or homophobic language and abuse, and on this occasion the penalty may have been stiffer, and further action may have been taken, but for the individual's immediate cooperation and remorse.

STEWARDS
Several stewards were also subjected to abuse at the Peterborough game and we had reports of anti-social incidents at the Wolverhampton Wanderers away match. We will not tolerate this type of behaviour from any supporter. Anyone caught doing so will be immediately ejected and
from future matches.

It is important fans comply with the guidance and advice offered by our stewards. They are there to ensure everyone’s enjoyment and safety and we want the Amex to be a welcoming stadium for everyone. We have a fantastic matchday stewarding and operations team, underlined by the national award the team won a week ago (left) for their welcoming and friendly approach they have shown since the Amex opened. So a huge well done to all the team, who beat three Premier League teams, Aston Villa, Chelsea and Sunderland, to win the Venue Team of the Year Award at the Football Business Awards. The judges ruled there was a ‘crystal clear vision backed up with a plan and impressive results. This is a team delivering across all areas of the venue’s remit’.

CRYSTAL PALACE
I hope my comments above prove to be a timely reminder ahead of next Saturday’s visit to Selhurst Park for our derby match with Crystal Palace. We are all looking forward to an exciting fixture, but let’s enjoy the rivalry and not let the anti-social behaviour of a few spoil it for the majority. We are working with Crystal Palace, Sussex Police, the Metropolitan Police and British Transport Police to ensure that happens.

Having sold out our allocation we have been able to offer fans without tickets for Selhurst Park the option of joining us at the Amex for a beam-back thanks to the agreement of Crystal Palace, the FA and Football League. This is an exciting first for the club at the Amex, and with it proving extremely popular amongst supporters, this is something we can look at providing for future high-profile fixtures. As ever, thank you for your continued support for the club.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-26 at 21.17.25.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-26 at 21.17.25.png
    614.4 KB · Views: 339

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
As the pictures show I was at the Wolves game and right next to the Wolves fans (Just a set of stairs separating us) and from my view point all the anti-social behaviour was started by the Wolves fans, before that it was just banter but then some Wolves fans started getting shirty.

Had the Wolves fans not started threatening people (Including me, yes me some coward of a bloke sought me out to threaten me, not a word, not a gesture all day but still took time out to walk over and try to intimidate me!) all would have been OK.

Banter is good threatening behaviour is not.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
seeing the idiots inciting violence ahead.of Saturday it doesnt seem unreasonable to comment although the prose style is somewhat laboured and does him few favours. There was some nonsense at Wolves outside the ground before and after by a few "Albion" idiots. They werent regular.away supporters but then nor will most be on Saturday.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
seeing the idiots inciting violence ahead.of Saturday it doesnt seem unreasonable to comment although the prose style is somewhat laboured and does him few favours. There was some nonsense at Wolves outside the ground before and after by a few "Albion" idiots. They werent regular.away supporters but then nor will most be on Saturday.
Reminds me of Steven Rooke's approach. He'll be on the tannoy next.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here