Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Poyet Proud of Albion Players

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Gus Poyet felt that Albion supporters should be proud of their team’s performance against Bolton Wanderers this afternoon, despite being denied a win by the last kick of the game...
The Seagulls hit the woodwork three times and were denied by a string of spectacular saves from Bolton keeper Adam Bogdan, including a first-half penalty save from Ashley Barnes.
Poyet told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m absolutely delighted, and proud of this football club for the way we played today. With all respect to Bolton, we were so much more superior today.
“I’m worried that people don’t give the people at this football club the credit they deserve. The club, the players, the staff and myself; I don’t think we are getting the credit we deserve.
“It’s sad that only 26,400 people can tell the rest of the country that we were unbelievable. The rest of the country will just read 1-1 and that is not very fair. We should be talking about one of the greatest afternoons at the Amex but we are not.
“It’s very difficult to find the right words after that. I don’t think there is another manager who can be upset with their players after playing a game like that.
“We are eighth in the table and that is scary. What can I say to the players after playing a game like that.
“I have never been involved in a game like that, but it usually happens once or twice in football. It’s happened too many times to us though.”
With so many chances created, however, Poyet has urged his side to be more clinical in front of goal.
“It’s not only the domination but also the way that we are playing, the quantity of chances and the amount of times we hit the bar and the keeper’s saves. That’s football though and you have got to accept that.
“They are a Premier League team who could do nothing against us, but it should have been over before they scored.
“I’m not even going to blame the seconds over the five minutes that we played because that’s irrelevant. They are always going to say that there is a minimum of five minutes and they went a little over.”
Meanwhile, the Uruguayan expects Adam El-Abd and Wayne Bridge to return to full training on Monday.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here