Referee: MARK HAYWOOD
Linesmen: John Busby and Gavin Muge
Fourth Official Andrew Laver

BHA v Bolton - Score Predictor

Last edited:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Really looking forward to tomorrow can't stand this 2 away games followed by 2 home games it's been another 3 weeks without a game at the Amex then after Saturday we play at home again tuesday then gotta wait nearly 3 weeks again for another home game (rant over )

We will win 2-1 Buckley & Dobbie
Plus Kevin Davies will be sent off for Bolton

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Bolton are pony, so we are going to SMASH them 4-1.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Formalities are out of the way. Match is on now.

We haven't played Bolton very often in the League. I was at the first meeting when Bolton were going great guns in the old Division 2 in 77-78. We had a better team then and lost 1-2 before 27,430 fans at the Goldstone. Bolton have not had the dubious of pleasure of visiting Priestfield or Withdean. Although Chris Eagles has (the last we know he is expecting to go there again?)

I am sure we played them again though. In the top flight meeting we won 3-1 in 79-80 in only our second game in the top flight when we reigistered our first win the top flight 3-1 with Peter Ward scoring.

Except we played them in 71-72 for the first time since WWII in an encounter in an important match before 25,000+ supporters in Division 3. 1-1.

I am not so sure of a win as all that. Bolton are slipping behind, but they have an easy December fixture list and may catch up.

The big ??? Why did Dougal leave Palace for Bolton ??? He might get their misfits playing as a team?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A special mention for Fabrice Muamba

Meanwhile, back in the real world, a few years ago there was a gulf between the two Teams:

Bolton never had the dubious privilege of visiting Withdean:

Four years ago:

English League One 2009-2010 Table - statto.com

Brighton
3rd tier
League Position: 20th
6 home defeats

Bolton
Premier
Position: 18th
4 home defeats

English Premier League 2009-2010 Table - statto.com

Six years ago:

Brighton
3rd tier
League Position: 13th
4 home defeats

English League One 2006-2007 Table - statto.com

Bolton
Premier
Position: 6th
2 home defeats

English Premier League 2006-2007 Table - statto.com

I expect they were dreaming of European football in the next six years, not the nearest club to Europe. (Unless Ipswich is nearer?)

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Where's Everest?
:wave:

Why the poll? We never have a poll on the OMT.

Oh, what the hell...

League Matches at Brighton
Brighton wins - 2
Bolton wins - 1
Draws - 1
Brighton goals - 7
Bolton goals - 5

League Results at Brighton (last 30 years)
English Division Two

22.08.1992 Brighton 2-1 Bolton
English Division One (old)
01.09.1979 Brighton 3-1 Bolton
English Division Two (old)
08.10.1977 Brighton 1-2 Bolton
English Division Three (old)
22.04.1972 Brighton 1-1 Bolton

Last Season
N/A

Head-to-head
• These clubs have met 12 times competitively; Brighton have won four, Bolton four and four have been drawn.
• Brighton's victories have come in their last four league meetings, between September 1979 and January 1993.
• Bolton last took maximum points off the Seagulls in October 1977, courtesy of a 2-1 victory at the Goldstone Ground, when Peter Reid scored one of their goals.
Brighton
• Brighton lie one place and one point outside the top six, are on a five-match unbeaten run (W2, D3), and have the tightest defence in the Championship (15 goals shipped in 17 games).
• The Seagulls are looking for their 1,000th home league win, and are hoping to score a 200th league goal under Gus Poyet.
• Should the Uruguayan select Ashley Barnes in his 11, the 23-year-old striker will be making his 100th start for Brighton.
Bolton
• Dougie Freedman (spit) goes into his fifth game as Bolton manager protecting an unbeaten start, although the Trotters have drawn their last three.
• They have also managed only one away win all season; 2-1 at Sheffield Wednesday on 22 September.
• Bolton and Ipswich are the only clubs to have given away five penalties in this Championship campaign, but Wanderers have also fired 129 shots on target; 12 more than any other club.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No one has started a thread for team forecast for this match. Does the team pick itself, or does nobody know what the injury situation is? Wayne Bridge is needed to fill the hole on the left hand side playing the 4-3-3 or variants thereof. But I don't think he will be fit enough? Otherwise Barnes has to start, unless we play an advanced defender. Bit risky against Bolton who were early season favourites to go straight back up.

We are playing against a Dougie Freedman side so it will be a high energy match. No tippy-tappy allowed?

241112012140.png

Barnes and Mackail-Smith should be switched around. I filled in the form wrong.

subs: Brezovan, Dunk, Painter, Hoskins, Crofts, Dicker, Dobbie. No place for Lualua although I would like to see him on the bench if he has his mind on the game. Bridge omitted because of injury as well as Vicente. David Lopez could be included.

Hammond is not really included on merit but because without Bridge he is needed. I prefer Crofts but he has not been showing that well, not bad but not that great either.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well Dougie certainly knows how to set his team up against us.

Zero to Hero, with his spectacular ninja's blade into the Palace back.

After seeing us at Huddersfield we are now on fire.

We've every chance of a good result.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bloody looking forward to this. Been away on hols and missed my first ever 2 games at The Amex (Leeds & P'boro). Didn't realise quite how much I'd miss it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think we will win this today

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Can see this being a very tight match.

Bolton are scratching about near the bottom of the table, I can see Freedman trying to get the defence right first like he did with CP. I wouldn't be surprised to see a certain amount of bus parking and Bolton relying on the counter attack led by the tricky Eagles. If we score first we'll win, if they score first we won't. A fast start and early goal would be ideal, hope CMS has got his scoring boots on today.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
do we have a song to sing for dougie freedman? hehehe

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here