Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adieu Azure

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, bye bye Azure

The Football Business Award winning Azure have been given the boot.

Dear Noele,

Since moving to the American Express Community Stadium in 2011, the Club's aim has been to provide our supporters, hospitality customers and visitors with the best possible experience, on and off the pitch.

As with any venue, catering represents a very important element of the experience we provide and we have made it a high priority both for our matches and for all other events at the stadium.

Listening to our customers, we work wherever it is possible and viable to do so with locally produced products and local suppliers, such as Piglet's Pantry for our pies and Harvey's of Lewes for our ale, while striving for the highest possible levels of service, quality, and value for money for our fans and customers at all times.

Since the stadium's opening, we have attempted to meet these very important aims by working closely with a catering partner, Azure. Despite our best efforts, many customers do not feel that these aims have been met. With this in mind, we have decided to engage new caterers.

As of today, the Club has appointed emergency caterers to provide catering services to supporters and hospitality customers for our forthcoming matches against Bolton Wanderers and Bristol City, and for the various events and other matches we are hosting here at the Amex leading up to and beyond Christmas. A formal tender process to replace Azure on a long term basis will commence in the New Year.

The Club and its emergency caterers will be working very hard to minimise any inconvenience to supporters, hospitality customers and visitors during this unexpected transition and working together we will be aiming to provide the best possible level of service and a full range of products – including the continued sale of fans' favourites Piglet's pies and Harvey's ale - until the end of the season after which time we expect to have our new long term catering contract in place.

Clearly, we would ask for your patience during the next few weeks while our emergency caterers familiarise themselves with our stadium, train staff, introduce new systems, get to know us and get to know you, our customers. In the meantime, thank you for your patience and for your continued support. It is much appreciated by everyone at the Club. I do hope you enjoy our forthcoming matches and the upcoming festive period.

Paul Barber
Chief Executive
Brighton & Hove Albion FC

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wow, big move. Guessing Azure did not contend the fact they were shit or there were suitable breakout clauses for us ?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Di Matteo, Hughes, Azure... everyone's getting the axe these days

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I like Barber. Pro-active! It's going to be chaos on the catering front in the next couple of months though!!

I wonder if the Withdean catering vans are going to be drafted in? :lol:

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Mmmmmm...

Kosher, I wonder ???

If so, cue the original staff to be re-engaged by the new firm, on slightly worse pay and conditions, and be a tad less motivated than they were under Azure :wink:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I like Barber. Pro-active! It's going to be chaos on the catering front in the next couple of months though!!

drop in prices? didn't think so

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...no more at the Amex.

Since moving to the American Express Community Stadium in 2011, the Club's aim has been to provide our supporters, hospitality customers and visitors with the best possible experience, on and off the pitch.

As with any venue, catering represents a very important element of the experience we provide and we have made it a high priority both for our matches and for all other events at the stadium.

Listening to our customers, we work wherever it is possible and viable to do so with locally produced products and local suppliers, such as Piglet's Pantry for our pies and Harvey's of Lewes for our ale, while striving for the highest possible levels of service, quality, and value for money for our fans and customers at all times.

Since the stadium's opening, we have attempted to meet these very important aims by working closely with a catering partner, Azure. Despite our best efforts, many customers do not feel that these aims have been met. With this in mind, we have decided to engage new caterers.

As of today, the Club has appointed emergency caterers to provide catering services to supporters and hospitality customers for our forthcoming matches against Bolton Wanderers and Bristol City, and for the various events and other matches we are hosting here at the Amex leading up to and beyond Christmas. A formal tender process to replace Azure on a long term basis will commence in the New Year.

The Club and its emergency caterers will be working very hard to minimise any inconvenience to supporters, hospitality customers and visitors during this unexpected transition and working together we will be aiming to provide the best possible level of service and a full range of products – including the continued sale of fans' favourites Piglet's pies and Harvey's ale - until the end of the season after which time we expect to have our new long term catering contract in place.

Clearly, we would ask for your patience during the next few weeks while our emergency caterers familiarise themselves with our stadium, train staff, introduce new systems, get to know us and get to know you, our customers. In the meantime, thank you for your patience and for your continued support. It is much appreciated by everyone at the Club. I do hope you enjoy our forthcoming matches and the upcoming festive period.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Didn't Azure win an award recently for Stadium Catering ?

Perhaps they should return it

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
This is the end of things like Harveys and Piglets Pantry nailed on. Barber will sign some big new contract with someone like Carslberg and some Shite Pie Manufacturer to provide the entire stadiums food.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Twice ?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The Football Business Award winning Azure have been given the boot.

Dear Noele,

Paul Barber
Chief Executive
Brighton & Hove Albion FC

Nice of Paul to let you know personally - he's not written to me!

This could make the pre-match pint touch and go this Saturday (and Tuesday). Azure were fairly crap, but somebody else starting from scratch may be even worse in the short term.

I may have to have a pint in Rottingdean.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Clearly, we would ask for your patience

My broadband is down and I cannot work at the moment; I have got all the time in the world Paul.

Azure don't provide broadband but if they did......

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
This is the end of things like Harveys and Piglets Pantry nailed on. Barber will sign some big new contract with someone like Carslberg and some Shite Pie Manufacturer to provide the entire stadiums food.

Have you actually read the email?

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011

I hope not. They say they want to support local business, I hope they do.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Have they REALLY been that bad? I've actually never had a problem apart from just once I was given the wrong pie... And Blimey, doing it the day before a game is a bit silly Shirley?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here