Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greetings From Bolton

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hi there, I'm from a Bolton Wanderers forum called Burnden Aces. We run a Q&A feature where we get the views of opposition fans ahead of games. If you would like to take part, just answer the questions below:

Brighton currently sit in 7th place in the Championship. How has your season been so far?
Very good. Being fans we're always demanding more of course and if we'd won every game people would still be unhappy, but even with the disappointments it's still a great time to be a Brighton fan.

Brighton's manager Gus Poyet was linked to the Bolton job after the departure of Owen Coyle last month. How do you rate Poyet as a manager? Would you have been sad to see him leave?
One of the best we've ever had. He WILL leave eventually of course, but it will be for someone like Spurs or Chelsea. There was never any danger of him going to a Noddy two-bob outfit like Bolton (no offence).

This is the second season that Brighton have played at the Amex Stadium. What are your thoughts on the Seagull's new home?
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. We absolutely LOVE it. I still get goosebumps just driving past it on non-match days. I can't BELIEVE it's ours.

Do you think that promotion is a realistic aim for the Seagulls and the Wanderers?
Well it's an aim, but I thing we're both more outside bets tbh. I guess the difference between us is we're quite happy with that, whilst I guess you're more impatient to get back to the Prem.

Brighton's record signing Craig Mackail-Smith has been on great form this season, scoring nine goals. Who else should the Wanderers be wary of?
Not telling you! Oh, ok, Will Buckley.

Which Bolton player do you think Gus Poyet will be earmarking as a potential threat to the Brighton goal?
Nat Lofthouse. (Is he still playing?)

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Amex on Saturday afternoon?
3-1 to us.Or more realistically 1-1 We're better away.
three extra characters

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Hi there, I'm from a Bolton Wanderers forum called Burnden Aces. We run a Q&A feature where we get the views of opposition fans ahead of games. If you would like to take part, just answer the questions below:

Brighton currently sit in 7th place in the Championship. How has your season been so far?Started off well which raised expectations, then forgot how to score and win which lowered expectations. Now we're winning a few, but mainly drawing, so have middling expectations. I expect.

Brighton's manager Gus Poyet was linked to the Bolton job after the departure of Owen Coyle last month. How do you rate Poyet as a manager? Would you have been sad to see him leave?Poyet wouldn't have gone to Bolton, he's got his eye on loftier positions. I rate him as the best manager in the Championship, he's a very stubborn man who sticks to his guns and has the knack of winding up opposition supporters. I think some of what he says gets a bit lost in translation.

This is the second season that Brighton have played at the Amex Stadium. What are your thoughts on the Seagull's new home?We'd waited for 14 years for this. Unlike some new grounds where the home fans are split between wanting a new stadium and not wanting to leave the old one, we all couldn't wait to get in here. Consequently, there wasn't a dry eye in the house when we finally kicked off against Donny last season. Going to football is now an event, I count down the hours between home games, bloody love the place.

Do you think that promotion is a realistic aim for the Seagulls and the Wanderers?I thought Bolton would be top two before the season started, but you seem to be finding it tougher than I expected. I expect you'll finish top half but the playoffs may be a bit of an longshot. As for us, I'm hoping we'll improve on last seasons 10th place, and finish above Palace. We're not ready yet for the PL.

Brighton's record signing Craig Mackail-Smith has been on great form this season, scoring nine goals. Who else should the Wanderers be wary of?Buckley is the best winger in the division and can hurt anyone. He's also got a mad eye.

Which Bolton player do you think Gus Poyet will be earmarking as a potential threat to the Brighton goal?Kevin Davies plays for you doesn't he? I'll go for him.

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Amex on Saturday afternoon?2-0 Buckley and Barnes
There you go.

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Amex on Saturday afternoon? 3-0 hopefully. I f***ing hate Bolton.[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol::lol: punk: :lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We haven't played Bolton very often in the League. I was at the first meeting when Bolton were going great guns in the old Division 2 in 77-78. We had a better team then and lost 1-2 before 27,430 fans at the Goldstone. Bolton have not had the dubious of pleasure of visiting Priestfield or Withdean.

I am sure we played them again though. In the top flight meeting we won 3-1 in 79-80 in only our second game in the top flight when we registered our first win the top flight 3-1 with Peter Ward scoring.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We haven't played Bolton very often in the League. I was at the first meeting when Bolton were going great guns in the old Division 2 in 77-78. We had a better team then and lost 1-2 before 27,430 fans at the Goldstone. Bolton have not had the dubious of pleasure of visiting Priestfield or Withdean.

I am sure we played them again though. In the top flight meeting we won 3-1 in 79-80 in only our second game in the top flight when we registered our first win the top flight 3-1 with Peter Ward scoring.

i remember that 3/1 win (thought it was 2/1) i am sure Gary Stevens made his debut against Bolton ..if memory serves me correctly

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011

Brighton currently sit in 7th place in the Championship. How has your season been so far? UP AND DOWN

Brighton's manager Gus Poyet was linked to the Bolton job after the departure of Owen Coyle last month. How do you rate Poyet as a manager? Would you have been sad to see him leave? YES, HE IS FANTASTIC

This is the second season that Brighton have played at the Amex Stadium. What are your thoughts on the Seagull's new home? WONDERFUL VENUE

Do you think that promotion is a realistic aim for the Seagulls and the Wanderers? NOT THIS YEAR FOR EITHER CLUB

Brighton's record signing Craig Mackail-Smith has been on great form this season, scoring nine goals. Who else should the Wanderers be wary of? BRUNO and the rest all have their moments.

Which Bolton player do you think Gus Poyet will be earmarking as a potential threat to the Brighton goal? EAGLES and both DAVIES

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Amex on Saturday afternoon?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
i remember that 3/1 win (thought it was 2/1) i am sure Gary Stevens made his debut against Bolton ..if memory serves me correctly

I saw Bolton in 71-2 when we drew 1-1 in front of over 25,000 fans in the Old Division 3 as well. First time. I forgot about this.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Bolton had some fine players then, who went on to greater things, especially a young Peter R
eid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here