Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Greetings From Bolton

0 Not allowed!
    Hi there, I'm from a Bolton Wanderers forum called Burnden Aces. We run a Q&A feature where we get the views of opposition fans ahead of games. If you would like to take part, just answer the questions below:

Brighton currently sit in 7th place in the Championship. How has your season been so far?

Brighton's manager Gus Poyet was linked to the Bolton job after the departure of Owen Coyle last month. How do you rate Poyet as a manager? Would you have been sad to see him leave?

This is the second season that Brighton have played at the Amex Stadium. What are your thoughts on the Seagull's new home?

Do you think that promotion is a realistic aim for the Seagulls and the Wanderers?

Brighton's record signing Craig Mackail-Smith has been on great form this season, scoring nine goals. Who else should the Wanderers be wary of?

Which Bolton player do you think Gus Poyet will be earmarking as a potential threat to the Brighton goal?

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Amex on Saturday afternoon?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bwfcbob123 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Hi there, I'm from a Bolton Wanderers forum called Burnden Aces. We run a Q&A feature where we get the views of opposition fans ahead of games. If you would like to take part, just answer the questions below:

Brighton currently sit in 7th place in the Championship. How has your season been so far? Similar to last season (brilliant then rubbish then brillian...etc), but slightly better overall.

Brighton's manager Gus Poyet was linked to the Bolton job after the departure of Owen Coyle last month. How do you rate Poyet as a manager? Would you have been sad to see him leave? He will go on to be a top, top manager one day. Best BHA manager in my life, comfortably. Can be stubborn in certain ways but when his way works, it's glorious to watch.

This is the second season that Brighton have played at the Amex Stadium. What are your thoughts on the Seagull's new home? It's brilliant. Love it.

Do you think that promotion is a realistic aim for the Seagulls and the Wanderers? Probably not this season for either of us, I don't reckon. Although I don't know that much about your current squad if I'm honest.

Brighton's record signing Craig Mackail-Smith has been on great form this season, scoring nine goals. Who else should the Wanderers be wary of?

Will Buckley, Stephen Dobbie, Andrea Orlandi, Bruno.

Which Bolton player do you think Gus Poyet will be earmarking as a potential threat to the Brighton goal?

Kevin Davies.

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Amex on Saturday afternoon? 2-1 to the Albion (we have recently regained form, unbeaten in 5 now and generally playing very nice football), but could easily be a draw.
      There you go.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

Brighton currently sit in 7th place in the Championship. How has your season been so far?

Great start. Dipped recently. Dropped quite a few stupid points (missed pens, etc)

Brighton's manager Gus Poyet was linked to the Bolton job after the departure of Owen Coyle last month. How do you rate Poyet as a manager? Would you have been sad to see him leave?

Gus is 'linked' to every job. The idea of him going to Bolton is laughable. He'd never work for an utter ******** like Gartside. As for how we (I) rate him - he's been absolutely brillinat for us, but is a bit naive and very stubborn...

This is the second season that Brighton have played at the Amex Stadium. What are your thoughts on the Seagull's new home?

It is comfortably the best stadium in the country outside the Prem. Comfortably.

Do you think that promotion is a realistic aim for the Seagulls and the Wanderers?

play-offs are realistic for both. You should have been aiming for top 2. Surprised how poorly you've done, given how much of your squad you retained.

CMS has not been in (consistently) great form, at all. Buckley is a much better player, and will cause you far more problems.

We always struggle against strong strikers. Kevin Davies will cause us problems.

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Amex on Saturday afternoon?

2-1 Albion.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

0 Not allowed!
      Brighton currently sit in 7th place in the Championship. How has your season been so far? Either brilliant or shit, depending on whether you're talking about the month of October

Brighton's manager Gus Poyet was linked to the Bolton job after the departure of Owen Coyle last month. How do you rate Poyet as a manager? Would you have been sad to see him leave?Gutted

This is the second season that Brighton have played at the Amex Stadium. What are your thoughts on the Seagull's new home?It's amazing and is the reason we're a biggish club again. Everything about it is first class.

Do you think that promotion is a realistic aim for the Seagulls and the Wanderers?Of course. We've only played a third of the season.

Brighton's record signing Craig Mackail-Smith has been on great form this season, scoring nine goals. Who else should the Wanderers be wary of?Will Buckley and Will Hoskins

Which Bolton player do you think Gus Poyet will be earmarking as a potential threat to the Brighton goal?I don't know anyone except Kevin Davies

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Amex on Saturday afternoon? 3-0 hopefully. I ****ing hate Bolton.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!

Season has been brilliant. I worried that we would suffer from second season syndrome but once again the Gus and his orchestra of flair have been in exceptional form and long may that continue!

I rate him as a great manager with huge potential. He still has a lot to learn before going to the next stage that is the Premier League, whether it is with us or without us!

Long overdue and a fantastic football ground to be associated with. For me, it shows how powerful fan power really is in the beautiful game.

For us, it is possible, but I don't want us falling into the trap that Southampton are in and the likes of Derby and Watford were in. I don't want my first season in the Premier League to be fall of losses and misery. We need time to adapt and be a promising competitor in the Championship before pushing seriously for the Premier League.

As for the Wanderers, I'm not convinced one bit. It looks like Freedman has a different challenge on his hands, whether he is the right man is another thing.

William Buckley. The guy has been terrorising defenders on the wing and through the middle with his pace and awesome dribbling ability. And boy can he net a few too! His goals last season alone helped as become strong challengers in the Championship last season.

Adam El-Abd. His fortunes changed when Gus came into play. He became a defensive rock for us under Gus and has not looked back since then. Be wary though, he likes winding up the odd player here and there.

Bruno Saltor! A fantastic asset for us on a free from Valencia. Last season he was marking Messi and Ronaldo so his experience has certainly filled a gap in the squad that has been lacking for some bit since Kish left!

Liam Bridcutt aswell. The guy has been the pivot of our midfield and has always controlled the battle of midfield whenever needed. He has fantastic energy and great vision

I won't mention Vicente. Not even we know where the **** he is. Sainsbury's or ASDA some guy said once

Do you still have Chris Eagles? Always liked him and don't reckon Marcos Painter will be up to the challenge against him.

2-0. Dougie will be abused for being a Palace man and chants will echo towards him too. Be fantastic stuff

0 Not allowed!
      Woohoo! D'oh! Woohoo!

He is top drawer and has got Brighton playing nice football. Obviously I would have been gutted.

Amazing, it almost matches up to The Withdean

Yes, for The Seagulls

Buckley, Bruno, Bridcutt, Barnes (basically anyone whose name starts with B)

Kevin Davies (I know **** all about Bolton TBH)

5-2
      People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.

0 Not allowed!
      Up and down. When we're good, we're very, very good, when we're bad...

Poyet has done brilliantly for us, and is a fantastic character to have managing your club. I'd have been gutted if he'd left. (he was never going to go to Bolton, though.)

It is beautiful. I love it. I can't think of a stadium I've visited that comes close.

Both could make the play offs, neither would survive in the Premier League.

Will Buckley is currently close to unplayable. Bruno will also surprise you...it's a shame that Bridge is missing.

Eagles always looks quite good, and could give us problems in the absence of Wayne Bridge.

2-0 to the Albion.

0 Not allowed!

Promising, but pretty much as expected. We are clearly stronger than last season, have only had one genuinely bad game. Most of the points we have dropped have been down to not having a talismanic striker, CMS is great but is unlikely to be our 25 goal a season striker. Our defense however has been solid, as our record shows.

Of course, he's already considered by many to be a club legend. A lot of us think that he will one day be managing at the highest level. With all due respect, he's linked to almost every club, but he would only leave us for a top job - definitely not another Championship team.

Amazing. Great atmosphere when the fans get going.

Yes and yes, but I would say it is a realistic aim for most of the Championship. Incredibly open league.

Buckley, pacey winger who Gus recently valued as a £10m player. His pace is electric and his finishing is top class. And Bridcutt, our holding midfielder who is vital for keeping the midfield tidy.

Has to be Kevin Davies doesn't it?

3-1 Brighton
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      - Mixed, most Brighton fans would feel as though we should be slightly higher than we are, much more solid at the back with Bridge, Bruno and Kuscack providing much needed stability compared to last season. We still need to convert more chances though.

- I don't think any of us really feared Gus leaving for Bolton, in his mind I think he would like to leave us for Spurs or Chelsea, the good news for us is the only way he will get a look in for those jobs is by taking us up and keeping us up.

- Immense, we are incredibly lucky to have such a wonderful ground, it won't stop some moaning about the cost of a pie or the queue for the train though!

- I'd like to think we will end up in the play-offs, after that anything is possible. I've been surprised how far down Bolton are at this stage and at a guess would say you will finish around 10th.

- Will Buckley has been our best player for the last few games, you better hope your left back is quick else you have problems, Bridcutt will keep the ball moving through our midfield.

- Hoofing it long to Kevin Davies will unfortunately work very effectively against us

- 2-1 Albion

0 Not allowed!

Pretty good overall. The start got expectations going, however we appear to be out of our mini slump now....we hope.

Upset if he left because I admire any manager that aims to create a legacy their club can progress with even after they have left. He has established a style and ethos through the club that even if he does go, the next appointment will be made to slot right in. You have to admire the likes of WBA and Swansea who seem to have managed this also to great effect. I'd be very sad to see him go, however I firmly believe his legacy will stay with us a long time.

It is an amazing venue. I have few complaints if any, and as an ST holder have sat in different locations around the place at different games.

I would have said play-offs for both teams was a realistic aim, but perhaps not beyond that. I expected Bolton to be higher up than they are though.

I doubt anyone answering this question seriously will not mention Will Buckley. He plays with a boyish enthusiasm and just looks like he loves every second of being a top player. And he is a top player.

We get undone by getting too deep and a clearance gets knocked straight back in from just outside the area. My concern would be the likes of Eagles or Mark Davies cracking one in after we've all been attracted to looking after Kevin Davies in the box.

Hand on heart I'm thinking a 1-1 draw. We need to start well which we don't always do, so in the balance I'd say, I expect Bolton to have an upturn in fortunes soon, just not Saturday!