Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which is the best Wetherspoons in Brighton and Hove?

Which is the best spoons???

• Total voters

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
468a.jpeg

be7ceba217ed807a081ef5e382e6fdd1.jpg

72322_aacd0290.jpg

10706528.jpg

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
They're all utter pony, let's be honest. The Post & Telegraph is like being in a library. The Cliftonville Inn is like being in a room full of people waiting to die. The one is West Street is just eurrrgh. The one down the Marine is OKAY on a sunny day, so that.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I don't frequent such establishments anymore,but i once pulled down at a club what is now Sports Direct in North Street,long story short before we did the deed,we ended up in that bar in West Street (Top) so that would be my favorite.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
I pop into the one down West Street if I am going to see Weller or The Specials at the centre. So I frequent it once a year, if that, when its full of like minded individuals. Its ok for a few cheap pints.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
West Quays is nice if your down that way, especially in the summer. The food is unusual in that, as Wetherspoons goes, it's quite good quality.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What is an oxymoron?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Wouldn't surprise me if that Nat West building on Western Road became one soon. I don't mind them at away games and on 'staycations' - do good value veggie food and a fair selection of ales - but in B&H there are so many far better places to drink.

Oct 25, 2003
the marina is easily the best of a pretty poor bunch

north street one is second, but it still isn't great, as mentioned above it's like being in a library

west street one is, well, on west street

george street one is truly, truly grim

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ah the Wetherspoons snobs. maybe some havent had the pleasure of proper shithouse pubs that they feel having no music or TV and sometimes frequented by older men is somehow to be deplored in a pub. real ales, range of different beers to the usual suspects, decent food (better than many other chain pubs) and cheaper than elsewhere. no they arent classy or cool, they arent trying to be.

i will say the West st one is a bit shit, but thats more to do with its location than its ownership.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They're all utter pony, let's be honest. The Post & Telegraph is like being in a library. The Cliftonville Inn is like being in a room full of people waiting to die. The one is West Street is just eurrrgh. The one down the Marine is OKAY on a sunny day, so that.
I have consistently failed to get a beer or a meal in The West Quay at the Marina, every time I go It's packed with people standing around waiting for the 3 overworked student bar staff.

The last time I went I was about 12th ish in the milling throng waiting when some bloke actually got served and was told that the food he had just ordered would take about 45 minutes. I worked out that I'd be ok for lunch the next day if I could wait/sleep that long at the bar.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Where's the option for ... "Dunno. Every time I go drinking in Brighton, I can't manage to walk past the Evening Star"?

Just recently discovered the joys of The Snowdrop in Lewes, other than the ubiquitous Harvey's there are many interesting beers, including Czech Budvar light and dark,some Meantimes and Dark Stars and even Delirium Tremens on tap !

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Marina one is best, never seen why people are so negative about the places to be honest

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here