Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie out to make big impact [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Dobbie out to make big impact[/h] 9:30am Thursday 8th November 2012 in Albion By Brian Owen
Stephen Dobbie scores against Peterborough
Stephen Dobbie has revealed he never questioned his ability to make an impact for Albion – despite a slow start on the South Coast.
The Scottish attacker, who signed for the Seagulls on August 31, is in contention for a start at Wolves on Saturday after his first goal for the club secured victory against Peterborough.
He is convinced he is good enough for a key role as the Seagulls prepare to visit Molineux followed by a trek to Huddersfield a week on Saturday.
Dobbie, who came off the subs’ bench for the sixth consecutive match against Posh, said: “It has been a long transition for me, probably longer than I would have liked.
“But I would never question my own ability. I know I can play in the team.
“It is obviously up to the gaffer so let’s see what happens now.”
Dobbie was recently hailed as a “fantastic” signing by boss Gus Poyet.
The former Swansea and Blackpool favourite believes he is now well placed to show his best form.
He added: “For the first month I was living in an hotel. We have had a baby as well, all over the space of two months.
“But my fitness is right up there now and I am pushing to get on the pitch.”
Dobbie believes the win over Peterborough has boosted collective confidence and says his 92nd-minute strike proves Albion can never be written off.
He said: “That’s the advantage of the players we have got to come off the bench. We can come on and make a difference.
“There are still the players on the pitch, like Will Buckley, who can create something if you give them the ball.
“You keep going until the last minute.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here