Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chairman slams "boring" Posh

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Chairman Darragh MacAnthony has taken to Twitter to launch an astonishing attack on Peterborough's negative tactics at The Amex.

MacAnthony felt Posh were pathetic and boring last night and should have gone for the throat against an Albion side who had not won in seven games.

The Seagulls ended that run with a 1-0 success secured by Stephen Dobbie's added-time goal.

MacAnthony tweeted: "Some words to describe that and my day in general: Pathetic, boring, negative, lacklustre, irritating. Not a happy man after that.

“Brighton haven’t had the best home form and would have been nervous. We have enough offensively to hurt anyone.

“It would have been a travesty if Brighton hadn’t won as they played to win! (We) gave them too much respect. After our home wins that baffles me.”
---------------------------

Taxi for Fergie Jnr??

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Chairman Darragh MacAnthony has taken to Twitter to launch an astonishing attack on Peterborough's negative tactics at The Amex.

MacAnthony felt Posh were pathetic and boring last night and should have gone for the throat against an Albion side who had not won in seven games.

The Seagulls ended that run with a 1-0 success secured by Stephen Dobbie's added-time goal.

MacAnthony tweeted: "Some words to describe that and my day in general: Pathetic, boring, negative, lacklustre, irritating. Not a happy man after that.

“Brighton haven’t had the best home form and would have been nervous. We have enough offensively to hurt anyone.

“It would have been a travesty if Brighton hadn’t won as they played to win! (We) gave them too much respect. After our home wins that baffles me.”
---------------------------

Taxi for Fergie Jnr??

As do most teams, not sure its justified either.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It would have been a travesty if we hadnt scored in the second half to win the game, but first half we were just as boring and pathetic as them. It was like watching a training session. glad we picked up after half time though.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
MacAnthony is never short of a comment or two. Ok maybe it was intended to placate some fed up Posh fans - plus a warning shot across Fergie Jnr.'s bows. They certainly didn't play with that gung-ho spirit they were renowned for. I hope he is wrong but with them playing Palace next he is probably mindful that their best chance of getting any points out of their games this week was against us. He's a Chairman under a lot of pressure with the team in the relegation zone, a very limited budget, home crowds that barely help them survive let alone strengthen the squad and it seems there are lots of questions about the future of London Road.

Thank goodness we have a Chairman who doesn't do his dirty washing in public.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So glad our chairman has more class than to broadcast on twitter when we have a defeat

At the same time, it's great that there are football people around who are candid and articulate rather than spout self-serving PR spin.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
McDonagh on twitter tonight slagging his team for their clownlike defending (thought he would be used to that) and forwards swanning around on the halfway line instead of getting in the opponents' box.
His patience "is wearing thin" (again!)

Seriously funny unless you are the clown of a manager :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here