Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet set to let Dobbie loose on Wolves [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Poyet set to let Dobbie loose on Wolves[/h]9:30am Wednesday 7th November 2012 in Albion By Andy Naylor
Stephen Dobbie prepares to score the winner
ALBION’S last-gasp saviour Stephen Dobbie is in contention for a starting role at Wolves on Saturday.
The second-half substitute ended the Seagulls’ seven match run without a victory with an injury-time winner against Peterborough at The Amex last night.
Eight of Dobbie’s ten appearances have been from the bench since his move from Swansea in August but that could be about to change now that he is off the mark.
Boss Gus Poyet revealed to The Argus: “I think it is going to make him relax, no doubt, and it’s going to make it a little bit difficult for the manager, because when you have strikers that score they deserve to play, so we need to look for a chance, a possibility.
“Now we have two unbelievable games away from home (Wolves and Huddersfield), two beautiful games to play. I was asking him to show me, prove me wrong and then when you prove me wrong I’ve got a problem.
“The way football is going nowadays, especially in teams like us, we are not the type to wait for people to adapt, see how they go, to give them chances. We sign a player and the next day he needs to score a hat-trick or he is not good enough. It shouldn’t be like that but we are all like that, including me.”
Dobbie dinked Albion to victory from close range after an Ashley Barnes shot was partially blocked to reward their second-half domination and lift them two places to eighth, within a point of the play-offs.
Poyet said: “We needed quality and Dobbs showed what he is capable of. It was an absolutely beautiful quality touch to win the game.
“There is a big difference between shots and chances but according to our stats we had 32. There were too many blocked, which means we were making wrong decisions, and too many missing the target which is an issue.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here