Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Dobbie Delighted with Win

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Match winner Stephen Dobbie highlighted Albion’s victory as the most important aspect of the 1-0 win over Peterborough United.
The Scot clinched the points with his injury time winner at the Amex; his first goal for the club, and told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m delighted for myself but more for the team, the fans, the backroom staff and the manager.“There have been games before tonight we have deserved the three points and not got them but we got the win tonight and hopefully that win will kick us on again.
“The last couple of home games have been exactly the same with us attacking teams but they seem to be coming away with the results, so it was good tonight for us to get the three points before two massive away games. All in all it was more important we got the three points.
“We started a bit slow compared to Friday night against Leeds but it is all about putting the ball in the net and we did that.”
Dobbie was in the right place to give Albion their first victory in eight games and he wants that moment to be a catalyst to build on.
“Before I came on the gaffer told me to keep doing what I have been doing in training.
“I was confident that my time would come and it was a case of biding my time. Hopefully I can kick on and show the sort of form I have showed before in the Championship.
“Barnesy did well in the build-up; he tried to slip the ball through and there were a few ricochets but luckily I got on the end of it. It was a great feeling but it was more relief after the recent run.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here