Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we turned a corner.....?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Yes, there were things wrong tonight.

But this was the first time in a while we have managed to break down a team who "parked the bus". Teams are clearly shit-scared of us at The Amex, and with the exception of M'Boro and Leeds, they all have defended from minute 1 to minute 90.

After what happened tonight, when Peterborough's luck FINALLY ran out, perhaps teams won't think its as simple as "put 10 men behind the ball for 90 minutes".

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I think you may be right. Yes, we didn't smash them like Palace are doing to teams regularly, but we got the only thing that matters, more goals then them. And after a well earnt point against Blackpool, and a possibly unlucky but still a point against Leeds, we have 5 points out of 9. If we could get 4 points out of the next 2 game, I would say our blip may be out the way.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Peterborough were really poor and we still struggled to score. That's all I know

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The fact a terrible team managed to defend until injury time without us scoring is more likely to encourage every other side that is still the way to get points at The Amex. Little tonight disproves the theory.

The one corner I do hope has been turned is that Dobbie may start banging them in from now on.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Yes, there were things wrong tonight.

But this was the first time in a while we have managed to break down a team who "parked the bus". Teams are clearly shit-scared of us at The Amex, and with the exception of M'Boro and Leeds, they all have defended from minute 1 to minute 90.

After what happened tonight, when Peterborough's luck FINALLY ran out, perhaps teams won't think its as simple as "put 10 men behind the ball for 90 minutes".

Posh did not park the bus,there forwards were attacking our defence the whole game,preventing us building from the back.They are the 1st team to do that this season and lose, we are well and truly sussed ,promotion?no chance.Unless Gus stops our players throwing every thing out to the wingers and starts getting them running into the box and trying for goal

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To be honest, after Friday and today, I reckon we'll go unbeaten at the AMEX in the league for the rest of the season.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
If you think of the last 3 games (forget the previous 5)
Blackpool (a) 1-1 D
Leeds. (h) 2-2 D
Peterborough (h) 1-0 W

That's 5 points from 9 it's starting to look better already the last minute goal will lift the players and put them in a positive mood now for the Wolves game
All aboard the gus bus (ding ding )

bernardo

Nov 2, 2012
Today's game could have finished 3 or 4 neil. Against Leeds the seagulls played inmensely. Spain won the World Cup 1-0 every game practically. If the Brighton and Hove Albion keep on playing like this and go game by game, there's no doubt whatsoever in my mind that they'll be up there by the end of the season. Come on seagulls!!.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
If you think of the last 3 games (forget the previous 5)
Blackpool (a) 1-1 D
Leeds. (h) 2-2 D
Peterborough (h) 1-0 W

That's 5 points from 9 it's starting to look better already the last minute goal will lift the players and put them in a positive mood now for the Wolves game
All aboard the gus bus (ding ding )

Are you a 'spin doctor' by any chance? What do you honestly think we will get at Wolves based on a performance like last night or even the performance at Blackpool?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Are you a 'spin doctor' by any chance? What do you honestly think we will get at Wolves based on a performance like last night or even the performance at Blackpool?
I tell you what I'm expecting - a 2-0 win, with CMS playing his usual one in 7 good game and perhaps scoring from outside the box.

I know this because I've moaned about him on here loads since last night.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Posh did not park the bus,there forwards were attacking our defence the whole game,preventing us building from the back.They are the 1st team to do that this season and lose, we are well and truly sussed ,promotion?no chance.Unless Gus stops our players throwing every thing out to the wingers and starts getting them running into the box and trying for goal

Commenting on a match you evidently didn't watch doesn't enhance your argument.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here