Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Peterborough United **** Official Match Thread ****

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Time for our luck to change tonight and a thumping win!

Npower Championship
Venue: Amex Stadium
Date: Tuesday 6 November
Kick-off: 19:45 GMT

Officials:
JAMES ADCOCK
Darren Blunden and Matt Foley
Fourth Official Carl Brook

TEAM NEWS

Brighton centre-half Adam El-Abd is struggling with a hamstring injury and is not expected to participate.

Manager Gus Poyet will also have to cope without Liam Bridcutt, whose fifth caution of the season against Leeds has him serving a one-match ban.

Peterborough full-back Kgosi Ntlhe hobbled from the field against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.

Ntlhe may well be absent, while wing-back Tommy Rowe's ankle injury means he is rated only 50-50 to feature.
MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• This is the 40th competitive meeting spanning 50 years; Brighton have won 18 of the previous 39 and Peterborough 11.

• Brighton are vying for a fifth successive win over Posh.

• Peterborough last prised three points off the Seagulls in February 2009, when they won 4-2 in League One at the Withdean Stadium.

Brighton & Hove Albion

• Tenth-placed Brighton have drawn four of six, including the last two, and are chasing a first win in eight league games.

• Friday's 2-2 home draw with Leeds was the first time this season they had conceded more than a single goal in a Championship match, but they still boast the tightest defence in the division, with 11 goals shipped in 14 outings.

• Former Peterborough striker Craig Mackail-Smith is a hat-trick shy of 100 career league goals.

Peterborough United

• Peterborough, the only club without a draw in the Football League, are looking for their fifth win in eight league outings.

• Maximum points from their 100th away fixture in second-level league football would give Posh a third away win of the season and equal the total accrued on their Championship travels last term.

• The London Road club have had to score at least two goals to avoid defeat and have won all four games in which they have been in front at half-time, but have been unable to recover any points once they have fallen behind.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
League Matches at Brighton
Brighton wins - 9
Peterborough wins - 4
Draws - 4
Brighton goals - 29
Peterborough goals - 18

League Results at Brighton (all time)
English League Championship

27.08.2011 Brighton 2-0 Peterborough
English League One
15.01.2011 Brighton 3-1 Peterborough
10.02.2009 Brighton 2-4 Peterborough
English Division Two
17.04.2004 Brighton 1-0 Peterborough
21.11.2001 Brighton 1-1 Peterborough
English Division Three
26.04.2000 Brighton 0-0 Peterborough
30.01.1999 Brighton 1-0 Peterborough
03.09.1997 Brighton 2-2 Peterborough
English Division Two
20.01.1996 Brighton 1-2 Peterborough
19.11.1994 Brighton 1-2 Peterborough
English Division Three (old)
16.10.1976 Brighton 1-0 Peterborough
06.03.1976 Brighton 5-0 Peterborough
23.04.1975 Brighton 2-0 Peterborough
14.10.1967 Brighton 1-1 Peterborough
01.10.1966 Brighton 5-2 Peterborough
12.03.1966 Brighton 1-0 Peterborough
18.09.1962 Brighton 0-3 Peterborough

Last Season
Brighton 2-0 Peterborough
Att: 20,646
Possession: 46% - 54%
Shots on: 3 - 9
Corners: 3 - 8
Fouls: 9 - 11
Yellows: 1 - 1
Reds: 0 - 0
Scorer: Noone (10), Harley (64)

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Will this be (potentially) Dunk's first outing since you know what?

Personally I don't think Hammond has done enough to warrant a place in the starting line up, however I'm not sure who we could play in his place with Bridcutt out. Shame we loaned Vincelot out really

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
If we put in the same sort of performance as we did on Friday night we'll win this. If we don't win it I will officially start to worry.

As far as the team goes all I'm hoping for tonight is that Hammond isn't even named and Barnes is dropped for Dobbie. What are the odds of either of those though, eh?!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kuszczak
Bruno Greer Dunk Bridge
Hammond Crofts
Buckley Dobbie Orlandi
Mackail-Smith​

Subs; Ankergren, Calderon, Painter, Dicker, Lopez, LuaLua, Barnes.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Looking forward to reporting any boo boys to the new grass-up text service tonight. Better keep a lid on it...

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
If we put in the same sort of performance as we did on Friday night we'll win this. If we don't win it I will officially start to worry.

If we put in the same sort of performance as we did on Friday and don't win, then I will officially start to seek out conspiracy theories. This forum needs more theories ;-)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Time to get our season back on track.

Tom
Bruno Greer Dunk Bridge
Buckley Crofts Hammond Orlandi
CMS Dobbie

imwithstupid.gif

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Will this be (potentially) Dunk's first outing since you know what?

Personally I don't think Hammond has done enough to warrant a place in the starting line up, however I'm not sure who we could play in his place with Bridcutt out. Shame we loaned Vincelot out really

No- not since he was brought in for questioning at least- he played at Peterbrough and potentialy a few other matches after that- remember because there were some sick minded individuals signing 'we shag who we want' at the match whilst he was playing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here