Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora - I don't enjoy playing football...

LDN

Sep 22, 2011
London
In the papers this morning and they're talking about it on Sunday Supplement (SS1) now.

I'm sure he enjoyed his time here at Brighton, I can see why he'd not enjoy playing for bottom tier Premiership clubs, Ok Fulham did alright under Hodgson, but...

Do you think many players share this view?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes he must really hate earning £50K plus week, very disappointed with this type of attitude

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It does scream Wayne Bridgeism.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He can sulk when he's not happy. The wages should be helping soften the blow though.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Like they said on sunday supplement football for them is a job. If you spend your whole work day talking, playing, thinking football, you need to have great passion for it to then go home and enjoy more football.

Some people pursue football as a career because they love it, but some do so because they are good at it. They may have loved it once, but having spent so much time involved in the game they've just been saturated with it and it's taken the joy away.

That doesn't take into account the other aspect of modern day football - the celebrity culture around it, the pressure with the money involved in the game, abuse from rival fans, they may love the game itself, but not everything else around it.

Look at bridge, lots of people commenting about him enjoying his football again now he's getting a regular start with us, away from the pressure and spotlight of the premier league.

LDN

Sep 22, 2011
London
Apologise for my ignorance, but if players want first team football then you would think that they'd need the passion and motivation to have to perform better which then when they are in the first team playing well makes it enjoyable, no?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
In an interview on 'Talksport' a couple of days ago, he said he didnt watch or listen to any football at all, and prefered to spend time with his family when not 'at work'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Actually I think it sounds like exactly the right attitude. It shows that he's in it for the football not the money.

It is the usual nonsense when people clearly get tired of spending such ridiculous wages

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here