Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two-goal CMS sorry not to win [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Two-goal CMS sorry not to win[/h]5:00pm Saturday 3rd November 2012 in Albion By Brian Owen
Craig Mackail-Smith has a second-half penalty saved last night. Picture by Simon Dack
Albion striker Craig Mackail-Smith was one of the most disappointed men at The Amex last night – despite scoring twice.
The Seagulls’ top scorer took his tally to eight for the season, then saw a potentially match-winning penalty saved by Paddy Kenny.
He admitted: “I had the penalty to more than likely take three points and I’m just disappointed I didn’t put it in the back of the net.
“You try and think ‘Do I go a different way or stick to what I did before?’. I just thought I’d go the other way when maybe I should have just smashed it down the middle again.
“I’m just disappointed I didn’t put it in the back of the net.”
A dramatic match of three penalties saw El-Hadji Diouf score Leeds’ first from the spot after a controversial decision against Bruno.
Leeds boss Neil Warnock backed referee Lee Mason. He said: “I don’t think he got much wrong in the match. He (Mason) was one of the better players on the pitch.”
Warnock added: “It was a super point. We got pummelled in the first 20 minutes. A lot of teams would have gone under.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here