Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet hits out at Warnock [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Poyet hits out at Warnock[/h]9:30am Saturday 3rd November 2012 in Albion By Andy Naylor
Gus Poyet and Neil Warnock at The Amex last night. Picture by Simon Dack
Albion boss Gus Poyet has accused Neil Warnock of hypocrisy and urged the Leeds manager to punish Luke Varney for diving to win a penalty.
Varney was awarded a first-half spot-kick by Premier League referee Lee Mason for a challenge by Bruno in last night’s 2-2 draw at The Amex.
Warnock’s claim that Varney was pushed produced a withering response from Poyet.
He said: “I try to be very respectful all the time with the opposition and their players but I have seen too many things now. Everybody is talking about everybody.
“I try not to get involved but what would happen if one of my players dived the way that Mister Varney dived? What would Mister Warnock say? He would probably destroy him.
“I hope Mister Warnock deals with the player internally in a hard way, fine him or ban him.
“If it was my player he dived but because it was his player he was pushed. That’s a funny one. That’s called hypocrisy so Neil, unfortunately for saying that, is on the list of hypocrites now.”
Poyet also hit out at Mason for not showing Michael Brown a second yellow card in the second half for a challenge on man-of-the-match Will Buckley after Craig Mackail-Smith scored twice for the Seagulls, one a penalty, but also had the third spot-kick of the game saved by Paddy Kenny.
Poyet said: “Mister Brown had an absolutely fantastic game and I am pleased for him, because I played with him, but he shouldn’t have been on the pitch and everybody knows that. You cannot be nice when you a referee, you need to referee the game.”
Liam Bridcutt is banned for Tuesday’s home game against Peterborough after his fifth booking and Adam El-Abd is doubtful with a hamstring injury.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here