Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] CMS Gutted by Miss

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion’s top scorer Craig Mackail-Smith was in a downbeat mood after Brighton’s 2-2 draw with Leeds United.
The Scottish international grabbed a brace against Neil Warnock’s side but found Paddy Kenny equal to his second penalty of the game in the 76th minute, denying the Seagulls a much-needed victory.He told seagulls.co.uk, “I am disappointed that I did not put the ball in the back of the net from the penalty because it more than likely would have wrapped up the three points.
“It is difficult because after scoring one you try and think, ‘do I go a different way or do I stay in the same place as I did before?’ So I thought I would go another way but maybe I should have smashed it down the middle again.”
The forward was rueing Albion’s luck after their winless streak stretched to seven games but has urged the squad not to lose faith.
“Other than the Blackpool game we have been performing well but we just cannot seem to get that win.
“The boys have to take great credit for tonight’s performance and we just need to keep believing that if we keep performing like that then the wins will come soon.
“We started very well and put them under a lot of pressure and the crowd were right behind us, it is just a shame we couldn’t get the three points.”
Mackail-Smith has now grabbed eight goals and is closing in on last season’s final total of ten.
“I have enjoyed getting on the scoresheet more and I feel I have adapted to the way we play down here.
“The side has also adapted to me by looking to get me in behind the defence. It has been good the way we put it together and obviously the form of Bucca, Ash and the midfielders has helped us attacking wise.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here