Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Poyet Frustrated by Decisions

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Frustrated Albion boss Gus Poyet was left ruing some crucial decisions by referee Lee Mason, as he saw his side twice lose the lead against Leeds United...
Poyet felt that they were unlucky to conceded a penalty for the first goal, and midfielder Michael Brown was lucky to stay on the pitch before scoring the equaliser to complete a 2-2 scoreline.He told seagulls.co.uk, “Decisions went against us and it cost us dearly. I try to be very respectful but I do wonder what people would say if one of my players dived the way that Varney dived for their penalty.
“I hope that Neil Warnock will deal with the player internally because he would not like it if it was the other way around.
“Then if a player deserves to get sent-off they have got to go. Michael Brown had a fantastic game, and I’m pleased for him, but he should not have been on the pitch when he scored the second goal, and everyone knows that.
“Sometimes they go for you and sometimes against and they went against us tonight, which is typical for us at the moment.”
Buy tickets for Albion’s home games against Peterborough United online.
Despite the draw, Poyet was proud of his side’s performance and insisted that their footballing ethos will be rewarded.
“I really enjoyed watching my team and we are back to playing our normal game, but we were unlucky not to win. Once more we are disappointed not to take all three points.
“The only difference is that we scored two goals this time but we conceded two goals in the league for the first time this season.
“We were in control; we had more possession, more chances, more crosses. That is what I asked from the players and you hope that football is fair, but it went against us again tonight.
“We knew how they would play if we pressed them high and everything was going well. I was very pleased with the players and I would pay to watch my team play this football.”
Meanwhile, Poyet heaped praise on in-form winger Will Buckley, “He was outstanding today.
“I was even surprised with another of his sprints because I knew he was quick, but I didn’t know he was that quick.
“He is not for sale and it does not matter how many millions people put on the table in January; he is going no-where.”
Liam Bridcutt picked up his fifth yellow card of the season and will miss Tuesday night’s game against Peterborough United.
Tickets are still available for Albion’s game against Peterborough United. Buy them online now.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here