Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2000 extra seats for Withdean!

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
All gone very quiet on them! Looks like it was only if we stayed in Div1 to comply with ground regs.

I don't think Dick Tight gives a f*** about more fans being able to see the lads play.

Oh well, more f***ing Palarse shirts on kids that can't get in at Withdean and want to watch league football!:nono: :mad:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Isn't the delay something to do with one Withdean resident launching an appeal?

I'm sure that this will get sorted by the end of the season!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
no

its cos we can't get the council to agree to where the park and ride should go that they demand for putting in extra seats. We have been trying Carden Avenue area with no luck.

I sugges Falmer Village

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's nothing to do with DK, all to do with the Park and Ride.

The inside word is that we have no chance of the new seats

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If we can't organise enough park and rides to cope with 9000 at Withdean, what hope is there for 20000 at Falmer, really? :(

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
There are no ground regulations relating to being in the first division, or even the premiership with regard to number of seats.

The only regulation applies to all teams entering the football league.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
El Presidente said:
It's nothing to do with DK, all to do with the Park and Ride.

The inside word is that we have no chance of the new seats

It IS down to Dick Knight - he runs the club! All he needs to do is to tell Perry find a carpark for 200 (?) cars, that is not used on Saturday afternoons. If he wanted to find one, he could, even if it were outside of Brighton and Hove!

Or, god forbid, he could use the power of the fan base as political leverage, to get that demand waved. The two existing ones are never full anyway!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mullers...it can't be too far out of Brighton because the Albion no doubt have to pay for the buses to the ground (as we supposedly get them for free as part of our over inflated season ticket prices)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Mullers said:
It IS down to Dick Knight - he runs the club! All he needs to do is to tell Perry find a carpark for 200 (?) cars, that is not used on Saturday afternoons. If he wanted to find one, he could, even if it were outside of Brighton and Hove!

Or, god forbid, he could use the power of the fan base as political leverage, to get that demand waved. The two existing ones are never full anyway!

A) Finding a car park for 200 cars on a saturday would be pretty f***ing impossible, even outside Brighton and Hove.

B) They cannot have that paritcular demand waived

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
A) Finding a car park for 200 cars on a saturday would be pretty f***ing impossible, even outside Brighton and Hove.

B) They cannot have that paritcular demand waived

Have you been on the piss again Chappers? It's not Saturday yet!

As I understand things, Falmer will also be park and ride! Has Dick Tight spoken to Sussex Uni? I doubt it! What about company carparks that are not used at weekends? What about station carparks that are empty at weekends.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Now the footpath is open from the railway station, the best bet is to park at a railway station and take the train in.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Haywards Heath is at the northern limit.

Mullers you can't seriously be laying this blame at DK's feet. You are just joking aren't you?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Christ whats the fuss about as cars are banned from the matchday area and im sure people can make there way to the ground.
Its bollocks as usual and never ends,so will loads of us ever get to go to a fair few home games i guess not and this is not helping the future of the club when you can't see them play ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:mad: :mad: :shootself :shootself :rolleyes:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yes we need them and a lot more!:jester:
Its simple get the 2k seats and make your way to the ground,so why all the parking bollocks as people can work that out them selves grrrrr.:nono: :nono: :nono: :blues:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It IS down to Dick Knight - he runs the club!

He does not run the club, he is the chairman, and as any fule who knows a bit about corporate governance will tell you, it does not necessarily make him a dictator.

Even if he does run the club, he does not own Withdean, the council does. Ultimately it is their decision.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think it it is a pretty shoddy performance of failing to get the Planning Permission for the extra seats in early.

However, I am prepared to accept that caution may be necessary. Something might come out of the woodwork about the current poor conditions at Withdean if it ends up going to appeal.

What I do not believe is that is some invisible resident prepared to go to Judicial Review. I think this is fiction, an excuse.

I am fed up with all the excuses over the years. One more excuse and I apt to call for a "bullet in the foot" for who is responsible.

Jul 7, 2003
I may be being a bit cynical here, but the club don't seem to be making much of a public show of complaining about the delay.

Is it because if we don't get off to a good start they are scared the seats won't sell (especially at the current high prices) and it will end up costing them money?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here