[Official Site] Longevity Pleases Poyet

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
poyet-3-years-n229-460169_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
12:56 1st November 2012
by Adam Tighe
Gus Poyet celebrates three years in charge of Albion this month and is currently ranked within the top 20 longest serving managers in the UK.
The Uruguayan has proven to be a shrewd acquisition by chairman Tony Bloom, guiding the Seagulls to the League One title in 2011 and the club's highest league position in two decades in 2012.
But, during a time when there is a quick turnover rate of managers in English football, Poyet was quick to praise his employer telling seagulls.co.uk, “There are two main reasons why I have been here as long as I have; most importantly because of the chairman.
"He is the one involved in the final decision and he is making us feel wanted during the good times and the bad times.
“Then it’s also down to us committing ourselves to the club and not looking for anything else. Some managers will put their name in the frame and get their agents to call people but we stay away from that because we are happy where we are.
“We can’t tell what’s going to happen in the future but I would like to do something big here and that means staying for a long time, but that also depends on everybody, not just me.
“It depends on the players on the pitch, it depends on the club wanting to get better slowly and it depends on the fans and whether they want the manager and enjoy the way we play; if everybody is happy we can make something big happen.
“The common problem in this league is that so many clubs are talking about the Premier League and only three clubs can get promoted with a further three having a great chance in the play-offs.”
Meanwhile, Sky Sports cameras make their way to the Amex for Albion’s clash with Leeds United tomorrow and Poyet feels it’s the perfect stage for his side to record their first win in six games.
“It’s a nice game but for us it’s a bit more important than it is for them, because we have not won for a while and we need to change this situation. There is no better way than winning this game on Sky Sports.
“It’s always a good game against Leeds because of how big the club is and where they have been. When I was a player I always remember the games between Chelsea and Leeds and they were always special, with an extra bit of motivation both ways.
“We practically have a full squad again, without Vicente, which means that there are plenty of decisions for the manager, and I like that.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here