Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes happy to be on the spot [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Barnes happy to be on the spot[/h]9:00am Thursday 1st November 2012 in Albion By Brian Owen
Ashley Barnes' penalty at Leicester was saved
Ashley Barnes insists he is happy to put himself on the spot for Albion again.
The Seagulls striker will volunteer for penalty-taking duties if they get a spot kick and he feels he is playing well against Leeds at The Amex tomorrow.
Barnes converted from the spot in the corresponding fixture last season but has seen his last two penalties saved. The four-goal striker said: “I am happy to take them.
“I want to get that ball back and put it in the back of the net.
“It all depends on when we get another one and how I am playing in the game.
“Whoever is doing well in the game will take it, basically. That is fair enough.”
Barnes admits he will face Leeds buoyed by a first goal in six games to earn a point at Blackpool last Saturday.
He added: “I hadn’t scored for quite a while and it plays on you a little bit.
“You just need to put in performances and hopefully you are still in the team.”
Albion are seeking a first win in seven games and a third home success of the campaign.
Wayne Bridge has netted in both home wins and fellow full-back Bruno joked: “For the moment he’s easily going to be top scorer among the defenders.
“But we’re the team who have conceded fewest goals and the most important thing to be up there in the table is to defend well.”
Leeds strikers El-Hadji Diouf and Luciano Becchio, the latter coming off the bench, both scored late in Tuesday’s 3-0 win over Southampton in the Capital One Cup with Michael Tonge also on target and Luke Varney impressive.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here