Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Youth: Albion 1 Charlton 3

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Simon Rusk’s youth team conceded their first goal for 225 minutes in a 3-1 loss to Charlton Athletic.
After back-to-back wins, Albion looked on course for at least a point but within 60 seconds of the re-start the Addicks took the lead through a magnificent long-range strike.Jacob Peake almost levelled after being played through on goal by Ryan Cooper, but Peake’s effort went narrowly wide.
Charlton took advantage of Brighton’s missed opportunity with two goals in nine minutes including another superb long- range effort to kill the game off with five minutes to go.
Cooper nodded home in the dying moments of the game but his effort was merely a consolation.
Rusk remained upbeat after the contest regardless of the defeat telling seagulls.co.uk, “We tried to pass the ball out more than they did and I feel a draw would have been a fair result. It is an old cliché but you have to take your chances but credit to them for the goals they scored.
“I am always pleased with the way we play because we are trying to breed an identity here. I cannot complain as the players are embracing the philosophy we are installing. What we need to do is execute the performances and turn games into wins."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here