Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New waterpark would "destroy the ambiance Newhaven's historic harbour"

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Did anyone see this woman on South East Today. Seriously, nimbyism at its finest.

Well, it would create 650 jobs, but we can't have it, due to the beautiful scenery:

Newhaven_Harbour.jpg

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Why is there a picture of Edinburgh to illustrate your point?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
People against this is complete idiots. Why you would be against something that gives locals work is beyond me! If I even lost my job I'd just think "oh it's fine I'll just work at the waterpark till I find a decent job" in my eyes this would be great for Newhaven, I won't explain why because I don't need to

Is Newhaven capable of being spoiled? I went round to the old West Beach a year or so back - it looked like it was waiting to be used as a set for an apocalypse/zombie movie. I am sure that there used to be a little cafe/amusement arcade there, now just a concrete slab marking the foundations.

I know that there has been a lot of controversy about the beach there and lack of access, but TBH I wouldn't really fancy it as a place to visit.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Is Newhaven capable of being spoiled? I went round to the old West Beach a year or so back - it looked like it was waiting to be used as a set for an apocalypse/zombie movie. I am sure that there used to be a little cafe/amusement arcade there, now just a concrete slab marking the foundations.

I know that there has been a lot of controversy about the beach there and lack of access, but TBH I wouldn't really fancy it as a place to visit.

Rumour has it that the French owners are just biding their time and eventually will build luxury housing there with its own private beach.:-(

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I am the first to say that poor old Newhaven needs something to happen. However the awful incinerator building is totally out of scale with the area and a waterpark housed in a building similar to Eden Project domes would equally dominate the Ouse Valley. My other concern would be the road and rail infrastructure. A developer might pay for a link road access or tart up a railway station but anyone who uses the A259/A26/c9 will know that the system is already at breaking point. I doubt if the developer would cough up for a whole new road system say from Beddingham or Brighton. and as for the railways.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
On BBC SCR this morning, Newhaven was described as 'you get off the ferry and think the war ended three days ago'. Well that is one way of putting it lol

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
Did anyone see this woman on South East Today. Seriously, nimbyism at its finest.

Well, it would create 650 jobs, but we can't have it, due to the beautiful scenery:

View attachment 35725
Beautiful scenery? what, the incinerator? It would be fantastic for the town if it is built but the infrastructure would have to be improved greatly to get the visitors in. It would be better to build it in Waterhall.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here