Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vincelot could still have a role to play with Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Vincelot could still have a role to play with Albion[/h] 5:00pm Tuesday 30th October 2012 in Albion By Andy Naylor
Romain Vincelot is on loan at Gillingham
Gus Poyet has refused to call time on Romain Vincelot’s Albion career.
The manager insists Vincelot could yet play a part in the Seagulls’ Championship campaign, despite being loaned out to Gillingham and told at the start of the season his future is elsewhere.
Poyet says the move to the League Two leaders may turn into a route back into first team contention for the versatile Frenchman.
He told The Argus: “It depends on what he does and how he plays and what we need at the time.
“I always say when players are under contract there is always a chance because you don’t know what is going to happen. Maybe you get a virus and have ten players out.
“I hope it works out for him because he is a very good professional and I don’t have a bad word for him. He trains every day with no complaints and never asks for any extra days off.”
Vincelot, under contract until next summer, scored on his debut for Gillingham in Saturday’s 1-0 win at AFC Wimbledon after joining them for two months.
He has played in several positions for Albion but chose the Kent club for the chance to revert to the attacking midfield role he adopted with success with previous club Dagenham and Redbridge.
Poyet revealed: “There were a few clubs interested in him that wanted him to play at full-back but he was looking for an opportunity to play as an attacking midfielder and get in the box.
“He did that very well at Dagenham. It was not an easy decision for him to drop a couple of divisions but I am pleased for him that he has gone in there and scored.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here