Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Perry Wins Argus Award

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion director Martin Perry scooped the Argus Achievement Award for Outstanding Contribution to Sussex Sport yesterday afternoon.
Perry’s tireless work over the years has seen him play a pivotal role in Albion’s move to the American Express Community Stadium, and his continued dedication has also helped the club secure planning permission for their new training ground.After picking up his award a delighted Perry told seagulls.co.uk, “This was an award that occurred because of an amazing group of people that came together and worked so hard to achieve everything we have achieved at Brighton & Hove Albion.
“It has been a great summer of sport and this feels like our gold medal, it is recognition for everything that everyone has done.
“I never ever gave up despite all the difficulties and challenges we faced, we never lost faith and we always thought we would achieve our target.
“I thank Tony Bloom because without him it just would not of happened, despite all the hard work. Then there is my board colleagues with people such as Derek Chapman who worked so hard, the project team both within the club and the contractors, engineers and designers.
“And of course there is my wife Elwin who was there for me throughout, as well as other people who have supported us as a club such as Brighton and Hove City Council, American Express, who are a big company with a massive heart and the Argus who also got behind us.
"Finally, and not least, I would like to thank the fans who have done such a brilliant job supporting this club.
“The training ground is next and once we get a few of the legal items dropped into place we will be on site.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here