Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Barnes: Build on Point

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Ashley Barnes wants Albion to use today’s point at Blackpool as a foundation to return to winning ways...
The Seagulls are now winless in six games but avoided a third straight defeat with the 1-1 draw at Bloomfield Road, with Barnes scoring the game's opener in the 56th minute.The striker told seagulls.co.uk, “We need to be happy with the point as we haven’t done so well lately but we are still disappointed with a draw, as we want to win every game.
“Unfortunately we couldn’t hang on. They put a lot of balls into the box today and constantly attacked; eventually they found a way through but we need to take the point and build on it.
“We can’t use any excuse. What we need to do is look after the ball better than we are but the goals will come, we just need that little bit of luck.
“It didn’t happen for us at the start of the season then five came at once and they will come again.”
The 22-year-old had given Albion the lead with one of the simplest finishes he will have all season.
“The ball dropped into the area and Crofty (Andrew Crofts) got a little nick on it and I was able to stretch and guide it towards goal.
"I wasn’t sure if it would make it over the line or not but luckily enough it did.
“Most of my goals tend to come from pull backs but I will take today’s goal and I will happily take 20 of them this season.
“I haven’t scored for quite a while and it does play on your mind a little bit because you want to score in every game. But that's not possible, so you have to put in the performances and hope your chance will come.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here