Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt faces yellow peril [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Bridcutt faces yellow peril[/h]9:30am Saturday 27th October 2012 in Albion By Andy Naylor
Liam Bridcutt in the thick of it in midfield
Albion's master of reliability Liam Bridcutt fears he is booked in for a break from his ever-present run.
Bridcutt’s record of playing every minute of all 13 games this season is under the threat of suspension ahead of his 100th start for the Seagulls at Blackpool today.
The defensive midfielder joined team-mate Ashley Barnes on four cautions with a yellow card for a foul in the second half of Tuesday’s 1-0 defeat at leaders Leicester City.
A booking for either at Bloomfield Road will rule them out of the Sky televised clash against Leeds at The Amex on Friday night.
Bridcutt admitted: “I am walking the line again with the yellow cards but that is going to happen in the position I play.
“I know at one stage during the season I am going to miss a game through suspension but, in the position I play, if I haven’t got the ball it’s about trying to get the ball back.
“Sometimes the refs can kill you with their decisions but most of the time they are right. It’s just one of those things I am going to have to accept and get on with.”
Barnes has survived six games on the brink of a ban. Bridcutt was hovering on four bookings at the same stage last season but lasted nine more matches before his next caution.
“I want to play as many games as I can and I don’t want to miss any game really,” he said.
“It’s going to be there in the mind about suspensions but if I get it it’s one of those things that is going to happen, probably sooner or later.
“You have just got to put it to the back of your mind and continue with the game, otherwise it will just frustrate you.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here