Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just got back from the Sparks gig and home in time for Question Time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Blimey, they finished early. Was it good?

They were on from 8pm to half 9. Rock and Roll! Just the two of them re-interpreting their songs on keyboard and vocal; some worked well, some not so well. No 1 Song in Heaven was great.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Talking about the cutting of benefits which I agree with if you are Waynetta with umpteen kids

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Talking about the cutting of benefits which I agree with if you are Waynetta with umpteen kids

How do you judge if someone is a Waynetta or not?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jesus. Have they let a load of Daily Mail readers in tonight?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I would hazard a guess that Slough folk might have slightly different view on life than the cafe culture of Hove actually.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ik just curious how you would implement your Waynetta test.

Probably very difficult in reality as there are many scenarios such as you have one kid then decide on another but have twins. Alternatively you have three kids then made redundant and have to claim - hardly fair if you contributed.

So the answer really is not sure but there are people with a lot of kids who have no desire to work that are happier to live of benefits but I suppose you could argue a bit late now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BEACH HUTETTA sounds a reasonable test to most reasonable people?

Reasonable in what ?

I work, have two kids and have never claimed unemployment benefit. Perhaps my crime is having child benefit

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Reasonable in what ?

I work, have two kids and have never claimed unemployment benefit. Perhaps my crime is having child benefit

But you did say on these very pages that your family received working tax credits or something similar from what I recall.

I'm not sure people who, amongst other things, own buy Apple products and holiday in the United States should be receiving any form of benefit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But you did say on these very pages that your family received working tax credits or something similar from what I recall.

I'm not sure people who, amongst other things, own buy Apple products and holiday in the United States should be receiving any form of benefit.

Indeed we do and married mans tax allowance.

Therefore if you do and use Apple products and holiday in the USA you should be banned from the system - strange rule

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am not it has been discussed re two kids. We had one kid and worked. Out we could afford one more. We had twins.

You need a bigger car and two of everything. You even need a different pushchair.

Would not change it but it is hard work abd they are two now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would hazard a guess that Slough folk might have slightly different view on life than the chain coffee shop culture of Hove actually.

I have corrected you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am not it has been discussed re two kids. We had one kid and worked. Out we could afford one more. We had twins.

You need a bigger car and two of everything. You even need a different pushchair.

Would not change it but it is hard work abd they are two now.

You NEED a car when you have children. Interesting.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Indeed we do and married mans tax allowance.

Therefore if you do and use Apple products and holiday in the USA you should be banned from the system - strange rule

Let's be clear I'm not advocating a new "Apple buying and nice holidays" means testing methodology. Nor am I picking on you.

All I'm saying is that I don't believe those able to lead such lifestyles should be receive any benefits whatsoever. It's not what our welfare system was developed for.

I don't believe I have ever been entitled to working tax credits and I'm not complaining about that - I shouldn't be. There are those that are far more needy than me.

All I'm saying is that I don't believe those able to lead such lifestyles should be receive any benefits whatsoever. It's not what our welfare system was developed for.

I don't believe I have ever been entitled to working tax credits and I'm not complaining about that - I shouldn't be. There are those that are far more needy than me.

You've never been entitled to/claimed Child Benefit? I thought that was available to everyone (all twenty quid a week of it)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here