Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*RANT* - Replacement Smartcard cost

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
I'm a freakin ST holder, pay my monthly DD, buy beer & pies from the ground + other merchandise. My Smartcard has a little crack in it from being in my wallet and it's got slightly bent, has stopped working, and now I have to pay £25 for a replacement!! Holy :moo:

There goes all my savings in possessing a ST in the first place and paying for it by DD.

I am better off delaying replacing the card & just requesting a paper ticket (for £5 a pop) for every game for the next 5 games instead, at least I get 5 games for my £25, but hang on, I'll still be paying my DD too, bit of a rip off when I genuinely have a damaged card to take in and swap for a working one.

*Rant over* (feel no better though) :(

(I know this has been posted elsewhere, I just needed a rant).

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Have you actually asked the ticket office or gone to see them, the club has been quoted as saying they will replace for free if its wear and tear

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not unreasonable, look after it better you may be amazed but there are costs to provide, program and despatch a replacement which was not the clubs fault

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Spoke to the Customer Service line earlier, explained exactly the problem and they informed me I would have to pay £25 for a replacement card, just bring my damaged one in and they can swap it over there and then, no mention of a fee waiver because of wear & tear, I will have a right moan at the time of replacement but guess I have to pay it, it's just soooooo expensive!!

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Not unreasonable, look after it better you may be amazed but there are costs to provide, program and despatch a replacement which was not the clubs fault

I have to go to the Amex to get it, there is no admin and no despatch fee, only more cost for me to drive there and swap it over!

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Mine just packed up on me before the Birmingham game, stewards were able to let me in though as they got verification that the card was activated. They told me to go to the ticket office prior to the Boro game and they would issue me with a new one F.O.C. This is what I did, and didn't get charged for it. Mind you, my card wasn't split or anything.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have to go to the Amex to get it, there is no admin and no despatch fee, only more cost for me to drive there and swap it over!

So go on a match day when you would anyway and you can still travel free

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Spoke to the Customer Service line earlier, explained exactly the problem and they informed me I would have to pay £25 for a replacement card, just bring my damaged one in and they can swap it over there and then, no mention of a fee waiver because of wear & tear, I will have a right moan at the time of replacement but guess I have to pay it, it's just soooooo expensive!!

I would request to speak to the manager of the ticket office, yes you could possibley look after it better, but i still think its harsh that you are expected to pay £25 for a replacement! surely all season tickets should be replaced every couple of years anyway.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I would go to the ticket office before the Leeds game and explain politely that the card is damaged, a poite customer always gains more than a rude ranting one.

Incidentially, do you have the same problems with credit cards seems you may need a new wallet.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Around 19,000 of us have smart cards over 14 months old and many including myself have kept mine the cards in a purse or wallet my wallet without issues.

The cards are not cheap plastic like the normal credit or debit cards, so you must've been going some to damage it.

£25 is not a lot of money for something you should have for at least 3-4 years.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
In this thread...

"I can't look after my things properly, and when then break I demand a replacement is provided for me at no extra cost! Wahhhhhhhhhh"

Cheese with your whine sir?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm a freakin ST holder, pay my monthly DD, buy beer & pies from the ground + other merchandise. My Smartcard has a little crack in it from being in my wallet and it's got slightly bent, has stopped working, and now I have to pay £25 for a replacement!! Holy :moo:

There goes all my savings in possessing a ST in the first place and paying for it by DD.

I am better off delaying replacing the card & just requesting a paper ticket (for £5 a pop) for every game for the next 5 games instead, at least I get 5 games for my £25, but hang on, I'll still be paying my DD too, bit of a rip off when I genuinely have a damaged card to take in and swap for a working one.

*Rant over* (feel no better though) :(

(I know this has been posted elsewhere, I just needed a rant).

They should replace if free of charge on the basis it has stopped working which is more likely to be the chip rather than it being bent and cracked , would you let your bank or credit card company charge you £25 for a replacement card ?

I would go to the ticket office before the Leeds game and explain politely that the card is damaged, a polite customer always gains more than a rude ranting one.
Nah.

The most effective way of dealing with this sort of situation is to demand the immediate resignation of Paul Barber. [I'm assuming that it was him who was responsible for the crack in the card.]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here