Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Fed Up Poyet Sorry for Fans

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Gus Poyet tonight said that he felt sorry for Albion's fans after the Seagulls went down 1-0 at Leicester City...
The result means that the Seagulls have managed just one goal in the last five matches, and the Albion boss told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s getting repetitive and boring. Every week we are saying the same."I feel sorry for the fans because they are paying money and traveling on a Tuesday night, putting in lots of effort but we are not performing.
"It is it getting boring for me saying the same thing, so it must be getting boring for them so we have to think about it and see what we can do to change things.
"It looks like we all know what’s going to happen because the same thing seems to be happening every week, on a Tuesday and on a Saturday.
"I’m not worried about the desire or the commitment of the team, because that’s great. But we need the points. We tried hard but we didn’t look like we had the quality to go and win the game."
Poyet has challenged his side to be more ruthless in attack, but was disappointed with their start against the Championship leaders.
"For the game, against the team who are top, every single player should have been ready from the off, but for the first 15 minutes we were not and then after that we looked happy to be 1-0 down.
"We just seemed to be happy passing the ball without any purpose. We were not committing forward until we told them to at half-time.
"When we finally did push forward it seemed like we were the only team on the pitch, until they had a few breakaways at the end.
“You could see from the celebrations at the end how much that win meant to Leicester."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here