Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - Enough is enough......

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Simply not good enough at this level, surely Poyet must see this.

Can finish but needs 4-5 clear cut chances to do so.

Work rate is average and doesn't read the game at this level.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Simply not good enough at this level, surely Poyet must see this.

Can finish but needs 4-5 clear cut chances to do so.

Work rate is average and doesn't read the game at this level.

Yet the commentator says MOTM so are you there watching his performance ?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Canto and aspinall in agreement that Barnes was the best player in the team. :shrug:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Barnes is fine for the squad but we as bloody desperate for another striker for christs sake.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I heard he was more or less MOM for 5Live and SCR. Keyboard warriors know best.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm not a Barnes hater in any shape or form. But I do not think he's a good enough player at this level, and in this team. I think he and Dicker are hard working players who have been with us for a while and who probably understand what Gus wants them to do the best because they've been doing it for years. But when it really comes to it, they're the weak links in our team now and when you have signed players like Crofts, Hammond, Dobbie and Lopez, it's time to play them.

The majority of fans really like Inigo Calderon, but the difference made by the higher quality of Bruno has been immense. Same with Bridge over Painter at left back, Kuszczak over Ankergren in goal. We've come a long way in a short period of time, and there's still work to be done, that's obvious. For me, it's time to move on from playing Dicker and Barnes now because they're just not the players who are going to help us win Promotion to the Premier League.

Gus made a tough call with Navarro, he's going to have more tough calls to make in the summer and rightly so. We still have League 1 players in the squad and the evolution of our playing squad is still a little way behind the evolution of the club off the field, but say whatever you want to, we're competitive in every game. We've lost 1-0 again tonight which is a shame but it's only one goal and we've had ample chances to have equalised. It isn't all doom and gloom.

Feb 14, 2010
I heard he was more or less MOM for 5Live and SCR. Keyboard warriors know best.

He failed to score, and as Brian Clough said, "I pay you to score goals, now get in the box" and he has not scored since when as against the chances he has had? That my friend is and always will be the bottom line for a forward

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
His goals to chances ratio is poor.

Very poor indeed. It's all very well the radio saying he was MOTM tonight, but the stats tell me that his goal ratio this season is 1 every 6 games. If we harbour realistic play off hopes then a new striker is required.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here