Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] CMS Confident of Finding Form

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion’s top scorer Craig Mackail-Smith said he is not concerning himself with the side's winless streak and is confident the goals will come once more.
Gus Poyet’s side scored just one goal in the last four games but the Scottish striker told seagulls.co.uk, "It is disappointing because we have had three home games and we have not picked up the points we should of done.
“We could have been at the top of the league quite comfortably but that is what the Championship is like. You can go on a four or five game winning streak then all of a sudden be on a similar losing streak. It is how the league goes and you just need to be consistent and pick points up where you can.
“For us, we just need to keep our heads and not panic because with a couple of wins we could be back on top of the table.
“We had similar problems in the first two games of the season then we played Barnsley and scored five, so it is just a case of one of them going in and the rest will follow. We just need to concentrate and not give the ball away carelessly."
The former Peterborough striker returned to action after a hamstring problem when he lined up against Middlesbrough at the weekend and came through 90 minutes unscathed.
“I felt good Saturday and I didn’t have any problems. I felt I was okay in the first half but ran out of steam in the second half.
“I was a bit stiff on Sunday and Monday but I'm confident that my body will settle down for tonight. I stayed on to try and get a goal, but if we had been winning I might have been able to come off and get a rest. I just need to manage my fitness carefully* for the next few games.”
Despite his return, the 28-year-old joined his team-mates in their feelings of frustration about the defeat but felt that being the away side could be an advantage this week.
“It was disappointing because we should have come away with the three points, but we know it is going to be hard at the Amex. Teams come down to put everyone behind the ball and try and nick a goal.
“We have had the chances but in this league we have to take them. We have the capabilities with a lot of the players coming back so we need to get together now and make sure we put in a performance at Leicester.
“Our next two opponents will be looking to come out and win the match. They won’t be as negative as when teams play at the Amex."
p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here