Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Official Match Thread - Leicester City vs Brighton - 7.45PM - King Power Stadium****

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Thought i may as well give it a go again, anything to help us win again !!!!

So, Leicester are unbeaten at home this season and are currently top of the league - where as we haven't won in 3 games and we have scored 1 goal in 3 games, so the odds against us are high.

So, who is feeling optimistic ? And who thinks it is going to snow during the match ?

Only 2 stars due to the maximum length of topic title being reached - must be an update thing

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Just spoken to my Leicester-supporting mate in Market Bosworth. Fog is bad and if it follows yesterday's pattern, will get worse this evening. :down:
BBC Weather : Leicester
They are expecting their biggest crowd of the season due to half-term cheap tix offer.

good luck to all travelling seagulls.

PG

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
is it now no win in 4 games? Birimingham, Ipswich< derby, Boro..........and 1 goal scored.

Not really postive about tonight, Leicester were my tip at the start and I see nothing to change that, 3-1 or 3-0 to the foxes.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
only 2 stars each side of the titl?! controversial!

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
3:1 to the Albion.

We've not been getting results because teams have been sitting back and defending. Leicester won't do this so I think we'll outplay them and score some goals. 2 for CMS and one from a Spaniard.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Leicester are anticipating an audience of over 26,000 this evening, so it's going to be full, hostile and raucous at Fortress King Power. I stil l think we can beat the odds and come away with an unlikely victory, Leicester will be spurred on by such a large and passionate audience and that plays into our hands, suits our football and I back us for a victory by a couple of goals.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Leicester are anticipating an audience of over 26,000 this evening, so it's going to be full, hostile and raucous at Fortress King Power. I stil l think we can beat the odds and come away with an unlikely victory, Leicester will be spurred on by such a large and passionate audience and that plays into our hands, suits our football and I back us for a victory by a couple of goals.
I hope you have forked out for the more expensive seats in the area hosting the away audience. It really is a quite magnificent stadium and I'm sure you'll want to savour every minute by ensuring you are sitting amongst the finest seats in the house.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Referee: MARK HALSEY
Assistants: David Bryan and Matthew Wilkes
Fourth Official: James Adcock

League Matches at Leicester
Brighton wins - 2
Leicester wins - 7
Draws - 2
Brighton goals - 4
Leicester goals - 14

League Results at Leicester (all time)
English League Championship

17.09.2011 Leicester 1-0 Brighton
English League One
27.01.2009 Leicester 0-0 Brighton
English League Championship
27.09.2005 Leicester 0-0 Brighton
30.08.2004 Leicester 0-1 Brighton
English Division One
19.04.2003 Leicester 2-0 Brighton
English Division Two (old)
26.12.1991 Leicester 2-1 Brighton
06.04.1991 Leicester 3-0 Brighton
23.09.1989 Leicester 1-0 Brighton
08.10.1988 Leicester 1-0 Brighton
English Division One (old)
26.12.1980 Leicester 0-1 Brighton
English Division Two (old)
23.09.1978 Leicester 4-1 Brighton

Last Season
Leicester 1-0 Brighton
Att: 24,128
Possession: 52% - 48%
Shots on: 11 - 5
Corners: 5 - 4
Fouls: 12 - 15
Yellows: 4 - 4
Reds: 0 - 1
Scorer: Abe (46)

Head-to-head
• Brighton lead by 11 wins to 10 after 25 competitive meetings with Leicester over 81 years, with both clubs scoring 26 goals.
• Both last season's Championship meetings resulted in 1-0 wins for the club playing at home, but a total of four players got red cards in those games; two from either side including Brighton's Marcos Painter in this corresponding fixture.
• Leicester have lost only one of their last nine home league games against the Seagulls, and have conceded only two goals in those nine matches.
Leicester
• Leicester took over at the top of the table on Saturday, despite being held to a 1-1 draw by a 10-man Birmingham at St Andrews.
• The Foxes are defending one of the two remaining 100% home records in the Championship, and are chasing a sixth successive win at the King Power Stadium; their best run since notching eight on the bounce in January 2009.
• They are one of three clubs to have found the net in all 11 Championship games, and one of two yet to concede a penalty.
Brighton
• Eighth-placed Brighton have not managed a win in four games, since notching five in a row in mid-September.
• They have won all five games in which they have scored first, but have failed to score in five and boast the tightest defence in the Football League, with seven goals shipped in 11 outings.
• Three points would provide the Seagulls with their 100th away win in second level league football.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Cannot see our defence being able to hold out for 90 mins so I go for a Leicester win 2-1 or 2-0. This business of if teams attack us we will smash em is a load of bollox. Leicester will attack us for 90 mins as every home side should attempt to do, they won't play 8 defensive players and try to convince people they are a countering side.

Good luck - hope I'm wrong!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Looking forward to the game ....C'mon, we are going to win this - Arn't we!

Foxes have had six successive wins at home, so they are overdue a defeat. We have played well, just failed to score. Macca is back and now has a game under his belt..We are BRIGHTON!

Just 2 things bother me. The BBC forecast "very poor" visibility.....and being ripped off as away fans by the Leicester pricing policy

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
hmmmm, not sure about the title but it's not enough to persuade me away from anything but a 0-2 win for the Albion :thumbsup:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
only 2 stars each side of the titl?! controversial!

It wouldnt let me do my usual 4 on each side, although it appears a mod has corrected it. Still, the topic is very ropey, but my 80% win rate with these topics is the best on NSC !!

Also, who will be sent off tonight, seeing as we had Painter and Sparrow sent off in the games vs Leicester last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here