Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Poyet: Reward the Fans with Goals

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Gus Poyet called for his players to reward their supporters with clinical finishing, after a frustrating 1-0 defeat against Middlesbrough...
The Uruguayan felt that his side again deserved more from the game but was left ruing a string of missed opportunities.He told seagulls.co.uk, “The team gave everything; we created more chances, we had more shorts, more corners and more crosses but we did not score. That is the difference between winning and losing.
“We cannot score, so we have no-one to blame but ourselves. The good thing is that we are creating but we need to convert the chances into goals to reward the supporters.
“It’s so disappointing that we cannot do more to send the fans home happier because that is our job. I hope that they realised that we tried everything.
“On another day we would have scored three or four but we seem to need a bit or luck or a decision to go our way to spark that.
“I am not concerned about our home form though because the visitors are not creating anything for us to worry about. As soon as one goes in the rest will follow. It’s getting painful but it’s just a matter of time until it changes.”
Albion face back-to-back trips to Leicester and Blackpool this week but the Albion boss said that his players should be unfazed by the opposition in the Championship.
“I’m not worried about who we play because they are all the same in this league. I watched Leeds on Friday night, Middlesbrough today and I’ll watch Blackpool later but they are all the same.
“There is not a team in this league that is much better or much worse than any others – it’s all about what happens on the day, which can go either way.
“I suppose that Leicester and Blackpool will come at us more but we’ll see. I cannot ask for anymore but for us to put the ball in the net.
“We must do exactly the same but players need to stand up. We need all of the players who are getting into the box and having chances to put a chance away.
“The opposition are always planning to get the result, but with all respect* to the teams we have played, the results have all been to do with us. At the moment it’s down to us not scoring goals.
“Let’s change this winless run on Tuesday.”
Meanwhile, Poyet confirmed that Will Buckley was not fit enough to play the full 90 minutes and Andrea Orlandi was left out with a tight calf muscle.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here