Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Greer Takes Positives from Defeat

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion captain Gordon Greer said he is focusing on turning performances into results after a frustrating 1-0 home loss to Middlesbrough...
The skipper told seagulls.co.uk, “It is really disappointing that we haven’t been able to pick up maximum points from the last few home games. We have been playing well though, so we will take the positives from the game into Tuesday - which is another massive game for us.“We felt a bit unfortunate today. Those at the game will have seen that we dominated but Middlesbrough hung in well. We had a few chances but they defended for their lives.
“It was hard to break them down but the performance was there, we just couldn’t quite get over the line. We are dominating games but not winning them.”
Marvin Emnes scored the all in important goal for Tony Mowbray’s side in the 21st minute, but it took a wicked deflection off the Scottish defender.
Greer explained the slice of bad luck saying, “Their goal hit my chest because I was conscious of the ball hitting my arm.
“I just tried to pull my arm out the way and not give away a penalty but these things happen in football, we tried to get back into the match but it just wasn’t to be.
“It is early days in the season and, as I have said before, we are playing well. We can pick the bones out of the game all day but at the end of the day we have lost three points and we just look to Tuesday’s game.
“It’s such a tight league and after today it has got even tighter. We are only four points off the lead but we know we can improve and produce in the next game.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here