Brighton & Hove Albion vs Middlesborough *** Official Match Thread ***

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Date: 20th October 2012
Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Kick Off: 3pm

After a rather long drawn out and debate stirring international break, we return to league action and welcome Middlesborough to the Amex.

Whilst the halcyon days of dancing to Juninho and Emerson's samba beat may be well behind them, Boro still pose a tough test for Gus Poyet's men. Summer signings such as Josh McEachran have added strength to an already impressive squad and the Teesiders will be looking to add to their impressive record against Brighton by taking the points at the Amex this afternoon.

The home side will be boosted by the return of several key players from injury, including top scorer Craig Mackail Smith and enigmatic winger Will Buckley. Spanish playmaker Vicente will miss the game through injury.

Middlesborough's leading goalscorer for the campaign Lukas Jutkiewicz will be missing for the visitors after picking up an injury in training earlier in the week.

My prediction? A closely fought contest with the Albion edging it 1-0. A Bruno special settling the game in favour of the home side.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Can't wait for this game today seems a long time since we were at the Amex
I'm going for a 2-1 win would be nice if we could beat a potential top 6 side
Ever since we've been back in championship we've come up short against Birmingham , Hull ,Middlesbrough ,West Ham (all sides been in the prem in recent years ) so a win today could tell us we're serious promotion contenders

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully we can get back in the groove today - 3 points please

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Referee: ANDY D'URSO
Assistants: Adam Crysell and John Farries
Fourth Official: Nigel Lugg

League Matches at Brighton
Brighton wins - 6
Middlesbrough wins - 6
Draws - 4
Brighton goals - 26
Middlesbrough goals - 25

League Results at Brighton (last 30 years)
English League Championship

31.03.2012 Brighton 1-1 Middlesbrough
English Division Two (old)
09.11.1991 Brighton 1-1 Middlesbrough
27.10.1990 Brighton 2-4 Middlesbrough
28.02.1990 Brighton 1-0 Middlesbrough
18.01.1986 Brighton 3-3 Middlesbrough
24.11.1984 Brighton 1-2 Middlesbrough
07.05.1984 Brighton 3-0 Middlesbrough

Last Season
Brighton 1-1 Middlesbrough
Att: 20,553
Possession: 51% - 49%
Shots on: 8 - 7
Corners: 4 - 5
Fouls: 8 - 13
Yellows: 2 - 4
Reds: 0 - 0
Scorers: Calderon (73) - Emnes (61)

Head-to-head
• Although Middlesbrough have won half of their league meetings with Brighton (16 of 32), they have won six and lost six of the 16 on Seagulls' soil.
• The Teesside club have won seven and drawn two of their last nine league and cup matches against Brighton, who last prevailed in February 1990, courtesy of a 1-0 home win at second league level.
• If three goals are featured in this fixture, it will take the total generated in league matches between the pair to 100.
Brighton
• A five-game winning run saw the Seagulls shoot to the top of the table, but they have been on the slide subsequently with two points out of nine.
• They have failed to score in four Championship matches; only bottom of the table Peterborough match that.
• If he plays, Inigo Calderon will be making his 100th league appearance in Brighton colours.
Middlesbrough
• Victory in manager Tony Mowbray's 100th match in charge, will see Middlesbrough registering back-to-back victories for the second time in this Championship campaign.
• Six of the 17 Championship goals they have conceded, have been shipped in the last five minutes.
• Justin Hoyte could make his 200th start in a club game.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
It's gonna be a tough game but I fancy us to edge it 1-0

Can't wait for kickoff!

I agree with that and think we can beat them 1-0. Hoping we can get a goal early in the game to calm the nerves.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ive woke up with a very bad feeling about today, although i had that with the Barnsley game and we of course won 5-1. Probably something to do with having a 7 hour shift to do straight after the football.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Not able to listen to the match today as I have to go to a wedding :( Predicting 3-1 to the Albion, c'mon you Seagulls :albion2:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Good thread title, shame that Middlesbrough is spelt incorrectly, could this be an omen??

Should be dropped from the team (against Liecester) for making a clanger like that. Moderator can you do something about it or do we need a substitute thread.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Not able to listen to the match today as I have to go to a wedding :( Predicting 3-1 to the Albion, c'mon you Seagulls :albion2:

Whats wrong with an earpiece. Worked several times for me in the past.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
First pint in The Swan somewhat spoilt by over zealous security with a humour bypass. But I'm sure the comedy will return when the supervisor arrives in his dayglo orange trousers.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm a bit worried about Seagulls Player today.

I tried to listen to the Wednesday V Leeds match last night and I'm currently listening to Palace V Millwall, commentary keeps dropping out......mmmmm we'll see.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Middle bra are very inconsistent... I suppose it depends which team turns up today..... dont think Mowbray is the answer there for the Prem. At home we should win but its a tight one. Lets hope CMS makes the difference

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Middle bra are very inconsistent... I suppose it depends which team turns up today..... dont think Mowbray is the answer there for the Prem. At home we should win but its a tight one. Lets hope CMS makes the difference
Lots of 'Boro injuries, hopefully they'll be the rubbish version today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here