Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Better luck next year Brighton"

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I remember seeing that and thinking. Hmmmm this could be our day. What a daft thing to put up before the game kicked off.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Better luck next year Bristol City.

[tweet]702261195135459328[/tweet]
What made it really funny was the wild celebration by the City fans in winning the penalty, despite being four down in the 88th minute.....stupid wurzels.

The Brighton fans were relentlessly taking the piss prior to that as well. A very funny and enjoyable night.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Brought back memories of a very happy day. Saw that banner at the time and thought that it was tempting fate, to say the least. Got to Cardiff pretty early that day ( forgot Sunday opening times! ) and couldn't believe how cocky and arrogant the Bristol fans were. One fella, in a café, told me and my party that we were going to lose 5-0.
The banner pretty much summed up their attitude. They thought they only had to turn up to win. Big mistake.
I guess there was a lot of confidence last night, after three straight wins and a new manager on board. Well I've got a message for Lee Johnson and all those Brizzle fans.....LEE JOHNSON, ISAMBARD KINGDOM BRUNEL, CARY GRANT, BORIS KARLOFF, JOHN ATYEO, JOE ROYLE, CHRIS GARLAND, JAY EMMANUEL THOMAS, BRISTOL AND WEST BUILDING SOCIETY HQ.....YOUR BOYS TOOK A HELL OF A BEATING.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We play better when other fans take the piss and insult us can we smuggle banners into the away end for the remainder of the season with insulting messages this sort of thing reminds me of :shit: gate. :facepalm::::drama:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here