Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Better luck next year Brighton"

Fridge Man

Aug 31, 2003
Burgess Hill
Did anyone else see the banner in the Bristol City end which said 'Better luck next year Brighton!' it was soon whipped down at the end someone had egg on their face!:lolol:

Fridge Man

Aug 31, 2003
Burgess Hill
ah nice one AFC it made me laugh anyway!

Especially seeing as they are the worst losers ive ever seen!

Last edited:

paul_AFC_Wimbledon

May 20, 2004
That banner

The thing about it was it was put up before the game, you think they would of done a double sided one which had a support for bristol city on one side and then if they won they could of switched it to that one. I laughed before the game looked at it when the penalty went in and thought Justice :D :falmer:

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
What makes someone put up a banner like that? I mean its just tempting fate far too much. Was extremely funny to see how quickly they got rid of it at the final whistle :D

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Saw that at the start and thought it was being a bit optimistic. Might have felt sorry for bristol if it wasn't there but they got what they deserved for being too cocky!

Here's a secret known to only a handful of people.

The "Countdown to Kick-Off" clock that was on NSC all last week was originally programmed to deliver a new message once 3.00pm on Sunday arrived... "DIVISION ONE HERE WE COME".

Late in the day, with tempting fate in mind, this was changed to "MARVELLOUS SCENES".

It was Turkey wot won it for us. It was "BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR BRIGHTON" wot lost if for Bristol City.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what a bunch of fools!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Worth a bounce.

Better Luck Next Year Brighton banner Bristol City.png

Paying the bills