Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hove Deep Sea Angling Club

ads52

Jul 31, 2011
Anyone have any knowledge of this? Anyone a member? It looks like a pretty exclusive club to join.. But great position right on Hove Seafront and cheap beer!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Anyone have any knowledge of this? Anyone a member? It looks like a pretty exclusive club to join.. But great position right on Hove Seafront and cheap beer!

It is very much an exclusive club. To become a member I think you need to be recommended by at least 3 separate existing members, and there is possibly a waiting list. Cheap beer, good food - apparently, I would love to be a member as we're often down that part of the beach!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
From their website:

4 GENERAL MEMBERSHIP
a. The Club shall consist of Full Members, Life Members, Honorary Members and Associate Members subject to the Rules of the Constitution and subject to a 12 month trial period. In addition Temporary Members may admitted for a fixed period at the discretion of the Management Committee
b. All persons of 18 years of age or over shall be eligible for Full Membership subject to the Rules of the Constitution and subject to a 12 month trial period.
c. Spouses and partners of Members shall be eligible for Membership or Associate Member- ship subject to the Rules of the Constitution and subject to a 12 month trial period.
d. Employees of Hove Deep Sea Anglers Club are unable to become members of the Club dur- ing their period of employment owing to a conflict of interest when carrying out their du- ties of employment. An existing member may be employed on a temporary fixed term ba- sis at the discretion of the Management Committee.
HDSA April 2011v4
5 FULL MEMBERS
a. Admission of new Full Members shall be by election by the Management Committee. The election shall be by interview and afterwards ballot of the Management Committee. A ma- jority of votes against election for membership will be sufficient for the rejection of the ap- plication. The process for applying for admission is laid out in clause 28.
b. On acceptance Admission is subject to payment of the appropriate fees and a one year probationary period.
c. On admission Full Members have full use of Club facilities, may sign in guests, may take part in debate and vote at General Meetings and in elections and be co-opted onto sub- committees.
d. After one year’s membership Full Members will have a share of the proceeds in the event of the Club being wound up.
e. After two years’ membership Full Members may propose or second new members, stand for elected office and propose or second others for elected office.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I am a member - what do you want to know? The Harvey's on tap is always good and yes, it's cheap but there again you pay an annual subscription and the less you go the cost of a pint is, in theory, quite pricey!

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
My parents are members and i go a dozen times a year, especially in the summer if "working from home" for a pint and some luncn with the old man.

Cheap drinks, really good food (steak pies are amazing) that is great value and of course being on Hove beach has great views. If you can become a member id reccomend it if you use it enough

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'd join but my problem is that I'd waste my membership away while fishing.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I'm a member. I was on the waiting list for a few years as its very much 'dead mand's shoes' The trouble was it was only £50 a year to be a member so no one ever quit unless they died or moved away, but with no real incentive or need to go all year round. This meant the club was underused and I had a rigerous interview to see if I would use it properly and spend money. Now a days it is very busy and active with quizes, bands and events. It is often heaving as everyone walks their dogs/kids there on nice days etc. its not my local but I drink there more than anywhere, cheap drinks, snooker and sky with views to die for.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .

My mum's a member there .
If you need 3 people to vouch for you , she'd happily nominate you if I asked her .
Plus she'd get 2 of her mates there to stack the numbers .

ads52

Jul 31, 2011
My mum's a member there .
If you need 3 people to vouch for you , she'd happily nominate you if I asked her .
Plus she'd get 2 of her mates there to stack the numbers .
Well any Help Gratefully Received. I'm happy with the Subscription and could put a nice bottle of something your mum & friends way, or a couple of tickets to an Albion game. PM me if you think it's a goer!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wouldn't join any club that would have the likes of me as a member.

Someone had to say it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And Adele going to be living right next door to the car park. What's not to like??

Is that why there is a massive re-build going on next door ? is she getting her own Domino's branch put next door ?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sorry I am confused, seems like a bunfight to get in, Mums and their friends as members, cheap beer. There is nothing in the rules that says you must have at least a smidgen of interest in fishing, do they actually go out in a boat, and are you thrown out for being seasick.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Well any Help Gratefully Received. I'm happy with the Subscription and could put a nice bottle of something your mum & friends way, or a couple of tickets to an Albion game. PM me if you think it's a goer!

No worries - I'll email her first before sending you her address via a PM .
Just allow a little time - there's a 10-hour time difference , plus whilst she checks her Inbox most days there is the odd occasion where she'll skip a few days without bothering to log-on .

Oh - bottle of bubbly definitely the way to go !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here