Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
You may recall sometime ago I posted what I'd heard from a friend of one of the Palace owners.

Well I spoke to him again yesterday and it really is amazing what the club are now doing.

The new owners have been totally shocked by the state of the club in terms of how difficult it is to run it on a break even position. Went into it in all innocence thinking that they could get to break even by using better marketing.

They are predicting a £5million loss for this season with attendances down on their expectations.

They have apparently told Freedman that Zaha must be sold in January and that anything over £8million he will get to reinvest in the squad. Hence the current poster and talking up Zaha generally. If they sell him for less than £8million they are f***ed for this season.

No investment in players unless they cash in on him and no investment in the summer unless they can get income levels up significantly.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Thought they all worth about 16 times Tony Blooms wealth?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
You may recall sometime ago I posted what I'd heard from a friend of one of the Palace owners.

Well I spoke to him again yesterday and it really is amazing what the club are now doing.

The new owners have been totally shocked by the state of the club in terms of how difficult it is to run it on a break even position. Went into it in all innocence thinking that they could get to break even by using better marketing.

They are predicting a £5million loss for this season with attendances down on their expectations.

They have apparently told Freedman that Zaha must be sold in January and that anything over £8million he will get to reinvest in the squad. Hence the current poster and talking up Zaha generally. If they sell him for less than £8million they are f***ed for this season.

No investment in players unless they cash in on him and no investment in the summer unless they can get income levels up significantly.

Not that you will get CPFC2010 to acknowledge that.

"Just too good for us" and "worth £11m" isn't exactly subtle, is it?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So that is why Dougie said Winifred is worth £11M :lolol: #cpfctinpotclub

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The main bit that amzes me is how innocent they were going into this. In a way it is refreshing because they are clearly fans of the club, but they are gobsmacked at how difficult it is to get the club to break even. What happens on the pitch is very secondary for them. Freedman is safe in his job even if they go down because firstly he is cheap but secondly he is good at bringing on the young players and they are cheap too. I guess it is a little like Dean Wilkins was for us before DK lost the plot.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011

Yeah of course you know a friend who told you all this shit....yeah and the moon is made of cheese....
All of the crap is maybe on your wish list, but that is what it is complete Tosh !!!!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Is there any Championship side that breaks even?? 5mill sounds about standard TBH...I would be suprised if all 4 wealthy business men would be shocked at how hard it is to break even it is in football, when most football fans could have just told them!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yeah of course you know a friend who told you all this shit....yeah and the moon is made of cheese....
All of the crap is maybe on your wish list, but that is what it is complete Tosh !!!!

Guess who is going to be laughing in January ???

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Is there any Championship side that breaks even?? 5mill sounds about standard TBH...I would be suprised if all 4 wealthy business men would be shocked at how hard it is to break even it is in football, when most football fans could have just told them!!

Brighton in New Palace thread love in shocker.
Of course the OP is right every Championship club loses money the ones that will break even are the ones who keep producing kids from their academy's .
Promotion should guarantee a few quid also,:)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Winifred/Well fried :lolol: Wilfried should be sold,he deserves better and there is no way he will get to play for England playing for Palace,they deserve £10m fee and they will not re invest so it will prolong their status as 2nd fiddle to the Albion (yes current position and history i hear you mention) well Brighton are in the process of gear change,anyway i say sell sell sell..:mad:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I am not a Palace apologist, but is that not what they should be doing? Far better than spending money they have not got and going into admin again, surely.

Or perhaps they should try selling some more lucky heather.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thought they all worth about 16 times Tony Blooms wealth?
Doesn't matter if they are, they bought the club to help out, they don't want to be spending money on the club, which is fair enough.

Why does it seem impossible that a Brighton fan could could be friends with someone that knows the Palace owners? That is much more likely than Giraffe lying about this.

Doesn't matter if they are, they bought the club to help out, they don't want to be spending money on the club, which is fair enough.

Why does it seem impossible that a Brighton fan could could be friends with someone that knows the Palace owners? That is much more likely than Giraffe lying about this.

But he also believes that the Olympics was all about The Iluminati showing the world how powerful they are by making triangle floodlights.

Pinch of salt for me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Brighton in New Palace thread love in shocker.
Of course the OP is right every Championship club loses money the ones that will break even are the ones who keep producing kids from their academy's .
Promotion should guarantee a few quid also,:)

Our new £20M academy in Lancing has been given the green light allowing the talent scouts to widen the search area across the whole of the South.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Well their fans,the ones i know(which leads on to the bit bellow) and the ones i do not,tell us they are worth trillions :lolol:

This bit is my reply

I know 4 Palace fans,perhaps they are engaging in keyboard warrior warfare with me right now here on the boards,i never let on though :lolol:

Nothing surprises me concerning the owners of Crystal Palace.

Remember that this is the Club that, at the fag end of George Burleys tenure, approached Hope Powell to manage them. Apparently it was seen as a ground breaking/marketing ploy but she opted to stay with England ladies :ffsparr:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here