Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've dipped my toe into blogdom...

Very good I thought and will have a bash at your Lamb method.

Paella is my signature dish, would like to get your recipe so I can compare.

Oddsocks

May 1, 2012
Nice! I shall keep an eye on it with vested interest as I'm a bit of a foodie myself....I say 'bit' I have my own little home catering business on the side. (Official and registered I hasten to add) For me it started as a hobby that got out of hand. So watch out, it could happen to you!!!

PS. This time of year, I'll be mostly making Christmas Puddings (just 100 or so!)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Nice! I shall keep an eye on it with vested interest as I'm a bit of a foodie myself....I say 'bit' I have my own little home catering business on the side. (Official and registered I hasten to add) For me it started as a hobby that got out of hand. So watch out, it could happen to you!!!

PS. This time of year, I'll be mostly making Christmas Puddings (just 100 or so!)

Smart. Quick question then - is it this week or next week that I should start putting my Brussels sprouts on to boil for Christmas...? :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very good. Nice well written intro and you cook leg of lamb nearly identically to me (I use the same temperature but marinate in olive oil. lemon juice, garlic and rosemary before it goes in and add the wine at the end when making the gravy).

You may want to have a look at Love All Blogs an altruistic blogging community which will give you access to new readers. They showcase new stuff and have a cookery section. It's a bit mumsy but then I think something different is often welcomed. They've certainly showcased my insane bloke ravings in the past.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Cheers.

If anyone has a blog account, can they add their ideas and stuff to the comments page on there?

Anchovies with lamb sounds mad. I may well give it a whirl.

I have and I will.

The anchovies thing works. They dissolve and just leave a salty taste so use slightly less salt if seasoning. There's no fishy taste left at all.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Very good chap. This is what the internet should be for. You can be rightly proud of that.

Dandyman

In London village.
Good work, Al.

A couple of quick suggestions - put temperatures in Gas Marks as well as celsius and some links to good butchers, cheese shops, etc would be cool.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I read it up to the bit where you said you put garlic in macaroni cheese and then stopped.

Seriously, it was quite a good read, flowed well but please don't talk about ruining a macaroni cheese like that :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here