Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Evolution and Big Bang are lies from Hell

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
A congressman ?! oh dear oh dear. Thats what the world needs Christian Fundamentalists running America. Scary Stuff.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And he's a member of the House Science, Space and Technology Committee!

As is Todd Akin who got into a spot of bother for saying he believed that if women were legitimately raped their bodies had ways of preventing her from getting pregnant. ("Well you know, people always want to try to make that as one of those things, well how do you, how do you slice this particularly tough sort of ethical question. First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something. I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child")

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
I only wonder where that energy came from to create that bang, not just energy but enough energy to create the universe and secondly there was no physical matter in the universe, where did the matter come from to create that enormous explosion Just a thought.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
God Bless America!

Never knew the big man in the sky was responsibible (geddit) for government fiscal policy!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I only wonder where that energy came from to create that bang, not just energy but enough energy to create the universe and secondly there was no physical matter in the universe, where did the matter come from to create that enormous explosion Just a thought.

It didn't 'come' from anywhere, it has always been there. Eternity is a concept we struggle to deal with, especially when waiting for a pie in the WSU.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom

You should research it. Learn and educate rather than speculate.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
:thumbsup:
It didn't 'come' from anywhere, it has always been there. Eternity is a concept we struggle to deal with, especially when waiting for a pie in the WSU.

I havent yet had the privilege now I wish a mighty explsion would take place and I would be flung into falmer into the right seat in the right place in absolute perfect harmony with all the other Albion fans.:thumbsup:

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea

One of the great questions of science.

Various theories around at the moment regarding this. The one I personally enjoy the most is that our Universe is one of a infinite number of other universes. Each one is expanding. The best analogy is that they are all bubbles, each one expanding towards its neighbours. When two bubbles collide the forces create a new "big bang" and another universe bubble starts to expand.

How all these bubbles got there in the first place is another matter, but at least it is a theory towards the big bang.

Science is so cool :)

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
He looks very cheerful

John_Lennox.jpg

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
:D but extremely clever

Just watched this

Very unsure about many of his arguments, particularly that science cannot answer questions of intention. Why should it have to? Why does everything have to have an intention? Why can in not just be?

The flaw of his arguments is just because something is complicated (like the universe) that there must be some sort of plan or "intention" behind it. In my opinion this is totally unnecessary. Surely it can just exist because it does, with no intention.

Also he claims that the DNA code, or "word" as he describes it, indicates that their must be intelligence behind it. Again I would ask why does it? Why cannot it just have evolved that way over time? Just because something is complicated does not mean it has to be designed. Those two things are not extrinsicly linked.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Just watched this

Very unsure about many of his arguments, particularly that science cannot answer questions of intention. Why should it have to? Why does everything have to have an intention? Why can in not just be?

The flaw of his arguments is just because something is complicated (like the universe) that there must be some sort of plan or "intention" behind it. In my opinion this is totally unnecessary. Surely it can just exist because it does, with no intention.

Also he claims that the DNA code, or "word" as he describes it, indicates that their must be intelligence behind it. Again I would ask why does it? Why cannot it just have evolved that way over time? Just because something is complicated does not mean it has to be designed. Those two things are not extrinsicly linked.

That is the underlying argument intention and purpose. I have an opinion but one that is mocked nowadays, so not today. But one thing we do agree is Brighton til I die. Unless of course you are Palarse.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
A congressman ?! oh dear oh dear. Thats what the world needs Christian Fundamentalists running America. Scary Stuff.

They already did..... Bush Snr and Jnr

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
If you get a chance have a personal audience with Professor John Lennox he may interest you.

And if you get a chance, read this, it may interest you:

"... The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text. For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions."

Albert Einstein 1954.

Your turn!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here