Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We underestimated our caravan dwelling neighbours

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
It sickens me to the absolute core to see Palace playing well and getting good results and even more so when they go above us! There is no doubt they are the form team but I do wonder how they will cope if like us they get a few key players injured, looking at their squad it's a good first team but not much depth to it, a bit like us really although I was hopeful the players we signed would perform better than they have done so far, Bruno excepted of course who is superb.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Palace do concede though, they will get a pasting soon. Would keep it VERY interesting if we both stayed near the top though.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
As much as it pains me to say so, I think we'd lose if we played Palace now, home or away.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We will still finish in the top 2,Palace will still be relegated,it's not really time to look at the table yet,give it until 12 games at least before casting judgement.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
According to the BBC Palace had attendance of 2863. Surely that did not get that many?

:lolol: Just noticed that. Suspect the 2863 are clearly those not on Groupon offers, Buy One Get One Free, or special McDonalds tokens.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
All credit has to go to Crystal Palace, they've obviously bought well and the manager knows how to get results even when going down 2 nil.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
As much as it pains me to say so, I think we'd lose if we played Palace now, home or away.

You are probably right. It is a tough league, because if they had played us 2 weeks ago we would have destroyed them I am sure. I can see this being swings and round abouts between us this season.
I made the point on another thread, but I think the main reason they beat us last season at home was due to the 3 games in 7 days, they played us at the right time. The same could happen this year if either side get a couple of key injuries.

This is what football is all about!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Another 2 goals for Zaha, another for the judas and they move above us.

This could be a fun season for both clubs rivaling each other.

We now have a break to let our injured players to come back.

:amex:

No , we have over estimated Barnes and Dicker neither are good enough if Gus is seriously pushing for promotion

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Note to Gus......whatever you do, make sure we don't go 2-0 up when we play them.

:lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here