Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Ground Guide

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Who's in charge of updating the Amex page on there, the pics are looking a little out of date now and could do with some new ones for the South/East stands

Wikipedia showing the old East still too...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Pretty pointless updating pictures now when in a few months time the whole stadium will be completed. If you still not happy then why not email the guy who runs football ground guide with a new picture? His email is on that site.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Pretty pointless updating pictures now when in a few months time the whole stadium will be completed. If you still not happy then why not email the guy who runs football ground guide with a new picture? His email is on that site.

Dunno.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012

Very good point I think! Puppet Master obviously didn't think that!

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Very good point I think! Puppet Master obviously didn't think that!

Why should I have to do it, I ain't got any pictures for one, secondly I don't know it there's an official/approved photos only policy and there's always the usual copyright gubbins.

I'll e-mail the webmaster and ask him to contact his photos source.... Jesus do I have to wipe everyone's arse round 'ere :shrug:

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Why should I have to do it, I ain't got any pictures for one, secondly I don't know it there's an official/approved photos only policy and there's always the usual copyright gubbins.

I'll e-mail the webmaster and ask him to contact his photos source.... Jesus do I have to wipe everyone's arse round 'ere :shrug:

I will be entering my toilet very shortly, please be in attendance at the final whistle

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think Duncan Adams, who runs the site, also takes the pictures... they are copyrighted to him anyway. I think the poster above is right tho, may as well wait until next year when the stadium expansion is completed.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
TBF the Amex project was very prominent on the FGG when it was being built especially as it is probably the biggest footie stadium to be built in Ingerland over the last couple of years. They also make it quite clear that we were planning the increased capacity so expect they are now just waiting to be invited by the Club to officially check out out the work when it is completed and then update our feature accordingly. In the meantime there is nothing to stop anyone posting updates on their forum where there is a long standing thread about 'Falmer stadium'. I guess the latest news re. the new training ground deserves a mention too.

Secondly it would be interesting to read what away fans now make of the revised area now available for them. Most previous reports are positive although the transport arrangements inevitably get a bit of stick from some who are less well informed about allowing a bit more time to get to/from The Amex.

I always refer to the FGG when visiting new away grounds - it's generally very useful as I tick off more of the 92, as well as many foreign stadiums.

TBF the Amex project was very prominent on the FGG when it was being built especially as it is probably the biggest footie stadium to be built in Ingerland over the last couple of years. They also make it quite clear that we were planning the increased capacity so expect they are now just waiting to be invited by the Club to officially check out out the work when it is completed and then update our feature accordingly. In the meantime there is nothing to stop anyone posting updates on their forum where there is a long standing thread about 'Falmer stadium'. I guess the latest news re. the new training ground deserves a mention too.

Secondly it would be interesting to read what away fans now make of the revised area now available for them. Most previous reports are positive although the transport arrangements inevitably get a bit of stick from some who are less well informed about allowing a bit more time to get to/from The Amex.

I always refer to the FGG when visiting new away grounds - it's generally very useful as I tick off more of the 92, as well as many foreign stadiums.

OMG:eek:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I think Duncan Adams, who runs the site, also takes the pictures... they are copyrighted to him anyway. I think the poster above is right tho, may as well wait until next year when the stadium expansion is completed.

Yes, he does take photos, but also uses photos sent in to him.
The long shot is one of mine, which I will be updating as soon as I can be bothered.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes, he does take photos, but also uses photos sent in to him.
The long shot is one of mine, which I will be updating as soon as I can be bothered.

I've noticed he never uses photos of stadiums with fans in - just the empty grounds...

Very useful site as others have said, always have a look at it if going to a ground I haven't visited before.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I've noticed he never uses photos of stadiums with fans in - just the empty grounds...

Very useful site as others have said, always have a look at it if going to a ground I haven't visited before.

Maybe because an empty ground gives you a better view ie you can say see the lettering/pictures printed on the seats more clearly? A better view of the layout ans size of the ground ?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012

It's worth keeping it up to date though.... the old South and East look soooo tinpot unfinished. Why not show them in all their present glory?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's worth keeping it up to date though.... the old South and East look soooo tinpot unfinished. Why not show them in all their present glory?

But the south is still unfinished

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I like the way the Reading fan said the ground was quite and didn't like the pre-match music.

He obvoiusly never been to the Madejski stadium, the quietest ground in the world and plays bloody goal music.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here