Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its all going the same as it went last season......

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I wouldn't panic we are a different proposition this season. Our two inform players are both injured once we get them back we should get back to our best.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
You should add to the list: we had a good start, then we started getting hamstring injuries more than any other team, then we started pciking up 4 yellows per game and suspensions soon followed, and we soon got tired, and we didnt have strength in depth, and teams worked out our plan A......

there are some worrying similarities.............

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
When Bruno, CMS and Crofts are back we'll be a much better side.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
My greatest concern is that our two main problems from last season have not changed AT ALL.

We cannot win games from behind.
We cannot beat the quality sides.

I think it is the way we play, rather than the individual players, that are the problem. Its looking like an exact replica of last season.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Hopefully things will pick up once the injuries claer up ... doesn't say much for the strength in depth though as the players coming in as cover appear to be a little short on quality at the mo

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
My greatest concern is that our two main problems from last season have not changed AT ALL.

I think it is the way we play, rather than the individual players, that are the problem. Its looking like an exact replica of last season.

Errr no one of our major problems last season was our away form. Abysmal, we barely had a shot most games. This season it has been excellent.

Barring the last 2 games without key players we are moving the ball far quicker this season.

And the only quality team we've played so far is cardiff

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

We've beaten the European Champions coming from behind.
Over the last two seasons, we've beaten Sunderland, Newcastle and Chelsea. Of course we can beat quality sides.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
And?

We went through a bad patch this time last season. This isn't last season. We are so very much stronger this season. Blackpool, before tonight lost 2 consecutive games, we haven't yet.

I just feel its time for us fans to stop looking at the past and more to the future. We've never been this strong in this position begore. Things will happen and work out for us,

I suppose this Brighton, and this to a certain degree is what we expect to happen due to past experience but I've decided not to get down about it and just let things be and enjoy watching my team play good football in a fantastic stadium.

We win some, lose some and draw some, anyone who expects us to win every game, and win it well, needs to get shaken and woken up to the world, many other teams get beaten on their way to great things, patience is always a virtue.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
And?

We went through a bad patch this time last season. This isn't last season. We are so very much stronger this season. Blackpool, before tonight lost 2 consecutive games, we haven't yet.

I just feel its time for us fans to stop looking at the past and more to the future. We've never been this strong in this position begore. Things will happen and work out for us,

I suppose this Brighton, and this to a certain degree is what we expect to happen due to past experience but I've decided not to get down about it and just let things be and enjoy watching my team play good football in a fantastic stadium.

We win some, lose some and draw some, anyone who expects us to win every game, and win it well, needs to get shaken and woken up to the world, many other teams get beaten on their way to great things, patience is always a virtue.

Pretty much sums it up for me. Peoples expectations have gone through the roof.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Some of you lot make laugh, when we are top and won 5 on the bounce this is greatest Albion team ever and a matter of time before we are in EPL. Couple if dodgy results and its all doom and gloom. Wake up, this is the Championship, long season and we won't be great every week!!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Errr no one of our major problems last season was our away form. Abysmal, we barely had a shot most games. This season it has been excellent.

Barring the last 2 games without key players we are moving the ball far quicker this season.

And the only quality team we've played so far is cardiff
What you forget though, is last season our away form started excellent. 3 out of 3 at Cardiff, Pomey and Bristol. And as what happened last season, teams sussed out the style, and adapted and we struggled. Birmingham and Ipswich, both struggling, have worked out the system and done well. If I was an Ipswich fan, I'd be gutted not to win tonight 2 or 3 nil.

I fully expect Derby to almost play as the away team on Saturday, park the bus and let us huff and puff again without creating any real damage. I really hope I'm wrong, but unless Gus wakes up and sorts out an alternative way of playing, I can see another poor run coming up. The players are better. The tactics are the same. Excellent when we score early or a team tries to play football against us. Worthless when we are slow out at the back and allow the opposition to get 11 men behind the ball.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here