Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Official Match Thread - Brighton vs Birmingham City - 29/9 - 5.30PM****

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So, the Albion take on ex-Premier League Birmingham at the Amex, where we are currently unbeaten this season.

In their last game, Birmingham lost 5-0 to Barnsley, a team who we beat 5-1 at home a few weeks before. So will we demolish them 10-0 ? Or will they bounce back immediately to claim a result ?

An Albion win/draw would make us unbeaten in 7 games, with a win being our sixth in a row - certainly keeping us top of the league for the end of September.

So, whos feeling confident ?

D

Deleted member 18477

I was confident until brum got smashed 0-5. Now I'm not sure... On paper brum have a decent team. Fancy them to at least put in a half decent performance and bounce back a little from their defeat. Still fancy us for the win though. 2-1 Albion!

Would like our team to line up as...

Kooshack, calde, Greer, el abd, bridge, bridcutt, Hammond, crofts, Buckley, Dobbie, Barnes.

Keep it solid... Then bring on the flair! Lualua, orlandi and Lopez!

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Thread title a little unusual. It's worked so far though for Hawk, so I'm sticking with it and saying...a (nervy) 2-1 to the Flairmeisters :)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Very tough game today, IMO its the toughest all season. Yes Birmingham got smashed last week, but they are no mugs. Sorry but I think we might struggle today

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They are no mugs the Blues but if this goes tits up for them I can see a manager vacancy coming up very soon

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Think we may lose pole position for a couple of hours only. :albion2:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Referee: OLIVER LANGFORD
Assistants: John Magill and Christopher Powell
Fourth Official: Wes Linden

League Matches at Brighton
Brighton wins - 4
Birmingham wins - 1
Draws - 3
Brighton goals - 13
Birmingham goals - 5

League Results at Brighton (all time)
English League Championship

21.04.2012 Brighton 1-1 Birmingham
English Division Two
15.10.1994 Brighton 0-1 Birmingham
English Division Two (old)
31.12.1988 Brighton 4-0 Birmingham
03.09.1986 Brighton 2-0 Birmingham
06.10.1984 Brighton 2-0 Birmingham
English Division One (old)
25.09.1982 Brighton 1-0 Birmingham
07.11.1981 Brighton 1-1 Birmingham
13.09.1980 Brighton 2-2 Birmingham

Last Season
Brighton 1-1 Birmingham
Att: 20,594
Possession: 56% - 44%
Shots on: 4 - 3
Shots off: 4 - 4
Corners: 9 - 6
Fouls: 8 - 15
Yellows: 2 - 3
Reds: 0 - 0
Scorers: Barnes (84) - Redmond (69)

Head-to-head
• The last three league meetings have been drawn.
• Birmingham have only gained maximum points on Brighton turf once in their history; 1-0 in October 1994 at third league level.
• If two goals are generated in this game, it will take the total produced in competitive matches between the pair to 50.
Brighton
• The Seagulls are defending a two point lead at the top of the table, and chasing a sixth successive league win, last achieved in League One in April 2011. They have never registered six wins on the spin at second league level.
• Victory will make it Brighton's best start to a league season in 35 years.
• The club with the tightest defence in the Championship (conceded four goals in seven), have only had their defences breached once at the Amex Stadium, a Barnsley penalty.
Birmingham
• Lee Clark's side are smarting from last Saturday's 5-0 loss to Barnsley; their heaviest home league defeat in 25 years.
• Birmingham are one of six clubs without an away win in the Championship, and have not picked up maximum points in six on the road since a 3-1 triumph at Burnley on 3 April.
• The current tally of eight points after seven games matches last season's start.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Does anyone remember Kevin Bremner's hat trick against Birmingham on a cold new years eve in 1988? Great days......

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Things you did not know about Birmingham

1) Birmingham is a small suburb (used to be a heath) of a large second city called Aston or Bromwich.

2) It is nowhere near Norwich. Or Northwick to distinguish it from a famous place called Southwick (Sussex) which is getting further and further away.

3) Birmingham are not as good as Norwich. Afterall Norwich lost 1-7 at home to Colchester and then won two successive promotions. Birmingham only lost 0-5 to Barnsley.

4) Language is difficult in Brummagem. Natives speak their local tongue and something called Black Country (not racist). Both languages are incomprehensible.

5) Sometimes their beer appears like milk shake because of frothers. They have bigger than pint glasses with a line on them. This is why some of them appear to have moustaches.

6) Birmingham is nowhere near the sea.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So they get their "City", but we don't get our "Hove", "Albion", or even our blessed "and"?

It has worked 5 times in a row now - although if it was to become unstuck today will be the day. I think they will fight back, but not win. 2-2 - meaning i lose my winning streak but keep my unbeaten run - much like BHAFC

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Looking forward to following the game here today. As long as no one has suicidal tendencies or seeks relationship advice we'll be fine. Try not to talk too much about you're friggin streams; let's enjoy the footie eh?
Keep me updated everyone!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here