Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Snip

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I haven't worked out yet if this is something us boys talk openly about or not, but NSC is a font of information on most things and I need some info. I'm booked in for next week. After feeling pretty cool about it I made the mistake last night of looking into the recovery a bit more. Should not have done that - horror stories wherever I looked.

Has anyone got any tips to share before I wave goodbye to the boys?

Sorry if this has been done before, the search function hasn't worked for me all day.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I had it done. As long as you really don't want more kids, it's worth it.

Recovery is nothing beyond half a day on the couch being attended to by a sympathetic other half* unless you are really very unlucky

*Do make sure you play the sacrifice and discomfort card even if neither are much true.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
You ain't being castrated, mate - just a couple of cuts, a couple of snips and a couple of knots. I think my wound care could have been managed a bit better; by the hospital and me. Should have kept them covered as they wept slightly, stuck to me pants and doubled the healing time. Keep on with painkillers until the slight swelling that occurs with all surgery has gone. And don't be surprised/upset if the theatre nurses start sniggering. (That's a joke).

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I think my dad has had the snip. He had an small operation quite a few years ago, my mum was well secritive about it and my dad didn't really talk about it so I just asumed :)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I had it ... felt fine after about 2 hours but managed to get 17 days of "caring" from the Mrs before she sussed me

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I've had it done - twice! First time was done under local anaesthetic however they mucked that up and left an area without anaesthetic! Consequently there was a bit of pain when some of the cutting etc was done on one side. Also they didn't tie the knots tight enough (I presume) as it was found that I was still firing live ones.

Second time was done under a general anaesthetic so they could 'pull me around a bit more'!! That worked thankfully.

Despite all that, I would certainly recommend it. And the theatre nurses don't laugh. At least they didn't for me!

Oh and make sure you get the Mrs to help when you have to provide the samples after the op!! :wink:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
TheSnip.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I had it done. As long as you really don't want more kids, it's worth it.

Recovery is nothing beyond half a day on the couch being attended to by a sympathetic other half* unless you are really very unlucky

*Do make sure you play the sacrifice and discomfort card even if neither are much true.

Tut tut Sumster, I thought this was a football forum. Surely no place for this kind of namby-pamby discussion about medical conditions? LOL.

To the OP, it's something I'm considering, so I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

Good luck.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Had it done in 1990 and reversed in 2000

The initial op was fine - it just ached a bit for a few days afterwards. Local anaesthetic though - just a bit weird.

Reversal was done under a general and I had to be really careful for a few weeks afterwards.

It really isn't a major op

:thumbsup:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Hubby had it done years ago.
Said it felt like he'd been kicked in the proverbials by a horse, but he was ok after a few days.

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
I've had it done - twice! First time was done under local anaesthetic however they mucked that up and left an area without anaesthetic! Consequently there was a bit of pain when some of the cutting etc was done on one side. Also they didn't tie the knots tight enough (I presume) as it was found that I was still firing live ones.

Second time was done under a general anaesthetic so they could 'pull me around a bit more'!! That worked thankfully.

Same here. Was relieved the second time round worked, third option is a pair of house bricks.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Had it done, got an infection.My balls were swollen like Jordan's mellons.

gully07

Sep 26, 2010
hassocks
Had mine done in July just got to wait 2 weeks til I fire off a sample took 3 days off felt uncomfortable for a day or so but other than that its fine

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Horror stories are few and far between ... So why me!

After 3 kids Mrs T and I decided enough was enough and I was duly booked in for this routine procedure. It was all a bit of a laugh beforehand, even when the nurse was shaving me! Not totally, but just a little. I was then wheeled into the op room and realised that all the medical staff were female; I bet they had a right laugh in the pub every night! It's a local anaesthetic and after a short time they started the procedure. There was a very nice nurse at the head end who was chatting to me and then I became aware of a 'tugging' sensation. The nurse then said "Are you alright? You've gone very pale." No, I was not alright, as I could now feel what the surgeon was doing. Another local anaesthetic was administered, another wait, and then they carried on. And this time, it seemed, they were successful. Off I was pushed to the recovery room where I was offered a bowl of soup, some bread and a cup of tea. I was very hungry having not eaten since the previous evening and it was now mid-afternoon so naturally scoffed the lot in double quick time. An elderly nurse then called in to see if I was OK before being discharged. She lifted up the gown, took a quick look and said:

"Is it usually that big?" (Still one of the best lines a female has EVER said to me, I will remember it for ever!"

I glanced down with a wry smile on my face.

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Fook me, I looked like Buster Gonad, my balls had swollen up to the size of tennis balls! (they may not actually have been that big, but that's what my memory is telling me!)

The nurse headed off to get the surgeon who came rushing in, had a quick look and told me that I needed to go back into theatre immediately. This time it was a general anaesthetic whilst they repaired the internal bleeding that I was suffering from. Apparently one of my tubes was embedded into a muscle and the surgeon had cut something whilst trying to cut the tube (or something like that). I then had an overnight stay in hospital and three whole weeks off work! So it wasn't all bad.

But the biggest PITA was taking 6 bloody months to get my first clear sample!

Enjoy!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here