Greatest event in golf wish it was more than only 3 days

Get on the USA to win i think their huge favourites

Bubba or Tiger top points scorer

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I drunkenly placed £50 on a win for Europe at 13/8 last night.

Damned mobile access to betting sites!

I'm happy enough with the odds, though would have placed a smaller wager if sober. I think it'll be pretty tight - the tie at 10/1 isn't a bad shout...

p.s. couldn't agree more that it's a fantastic event!

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Europe will walk it. I have no idea why the OP thinks that the USA are huge favourites, it's rare for them to win a major these days.

There are far more US players on form than European ones. I put the US slightly favourite, I can't see us winning this one.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I have no idea why the OP thinks that the USA are huge favourites, it's rare for them to win a major these days.

Than you need to do some research!

If you watched golf alot you'd know that most of the USA team have been hitting some good form for the last couple of months, The top 10 rankings are now dominated by stars and stripes again. With the exception of McIlroy who's on fire, Europe's top players have been up and down.

That said, the rankings are decided on stroke play. In a match play environment I think all our players can instantly lift their game. It will be close, but USA to shade it by a point for me.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Being at home is also a huge advantage.

Whats the time difference for this? Pretty busy weekend not sure i'll get to watch much of it. :(

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Europe will walk it. I have no idea why the OP thinks that the USA are huge favourites, it's rare for them to win a major these days.

Come back and tell me after the tournament. I've been watching and playing golf since before you were born.

Bookmakers all have the USA as clear favourites. Given that they have teams of well paid experts & statisticians, I'd say their opinion of the USA being favourites carries more weight than yours, no matter how long you've been playing and watching golf... (no offence)

Having backed Europe to win, I'm certainly hoping it happens, but your assertion that Europe will walk it and you have no idea why the OP would think otherwise is a little strong...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
There are far more US players on form than European ones. I put the US slightly favourite, I can't see us winning this one.

I fear this is true, it is always close up to the final day singles ( because the yanks cannot play as a team) but on home soil with the Chicago crowd I think they will win the singles and the cup, but I hope I am very wrong, our only chance is to be well ahead after day 2.
What I do know for certain is that the American fans and the horrible wives of the American players will wind me right up.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Come back and tell me after the tournament. I've been watching and playing golf since before you were born.

Then you should know better than to be so blasé. Foolish talk with no grounds for reality

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Being at home is also a huge advantage.

Whats the time difference for this? Pretty busy weekend not sure i'll get to watch much of it. :(

Try the radio, it's not bad! I haven't got Sky despite promising myself at the last Ryder.

Jesus they've recruited Justin Timberlake to open it, don'tcha just hate the sceptics? COME ON EUROPE!

This is more than just the cherry on the summer. Nervous for our boys. This hits straight to the heart of middle America, we don't get many opportunities to hurt them.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
The dull U S A chants have started. Smash em boys!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here