Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teacher from Ringmer.... 15 year old pupil - LOST & FOUND

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I heard about this on Friday when down in Deal and was amazed by the lack of Coverage on the news, only now have i seen it get some Air time.

Why dont we have a system like America when kids go missing, Sussex police said to me on twitter they do, but cant say i have ever seen it used.

Its well and good putting it on the news now, but the girl is now well in France. :down:

BBC News - Eastbourne girl Megan Stammers

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
It's a crime of course, probably abduction and sex with a minor.
Sadly it goes on but at this time it's 'consensual' from the adol
escent rather than life threatening.
At my school there was a biology teacher knocking off a girl of 14. It was quite known anong the other students especially the girls, but he was getting away with it because it was thought by her peers that _she_ knew what she was doing!
Astounding i know, I wish we'd turned him in when i think about it now.
If i were her dad I'd be cleaning my gun and heading after him.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
The system in America is used for when children are abducted and there is no idea where they are or who they are with. Though a system like that would be great (I am sure I read it was being trialed somewhere), it would not apply here. They know who she is with and know that they went to France. There is no risk to life and she went of her own free will.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Teacher from Ringmer.... Megan Stammers

We don't know that though

It's highly unlikely though. I'd assume their communications have been analysed and the risk assessment based on that. Clearly it's not right and he can expect to be arrested and dealt with accordingly once they're found, but what they're saying is that the girl has presumably gone out of choice. It's not a kidnapping in the sense of someone being bundled into the back of a car & tied up.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The system in America is used for when children are abducted and there is no idea where they are or who they are with. Though a system like that would be great (I am sure I read it was being trialed somewhere), it would not apply here. They know who she is with and know that they went to France. There is no risk to life and she went of her own free will.

With an adult many years her senior in age and experience. English Law quite rightly treats this behaviour by him as criminal, not least to protect the child who may think that she knows best now.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I heard about this on Friday when down in Deal and was amazed by the lack of Coverage on the news, only now have i seen it get some Air time.

Why dont we have a system like America when kids go missing, Sussex police said to me on twitter they do, but cant say i have ever seen it used.

Its well and good putting it on the news now, but the girl is now well in France. :down:

BBC News - Eastbourne girl Megan Stammers

yeah it's bollocks isn't it , the school are probably "no, no,no, give it a day or two " the kids parents are probably f***ing livid and distraught all at once. if that was my daughter the guy would shortly receiving a second anus....:annoyed:

how are you feeling now mate..? a bit better i take it.....:thumbsup:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Teacher from Ringmer.... Megan Stammers

Male teachers having relationships with 15-16 year old students is disturbingly common; most don't make the news. I reckon most people will know, or have heard, of a couple of examples - I know of 2!

You can kind of understand the girls' actions in thinking that it's 'love', where really it's just infatuation with an older man in a position of seniority. The male teachers in their 30s must really have mental issues though, if they think that a relationship with a 16 year old is in any way normal and going to last once the girl becomes an adult.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: Teacher from Ringmer.... Megan Stammers

yeah it's bollocks isn't it , the school are probably "no, no,no, give it a day or two " the kids parents are probably f***ing livid and distraught all at once. if that was my daughter the guy would shortly receiving a second anus....:annoyed:

how are you feeling now mate..? a bit better i take it.....:thumbsup:

Why are you blaming the school? Without evidence for what the school is doing then clearly all else is conjecture. I know the school take this very seriously and will do all they can to help immediately. Their first duty of care it's to the pupil and they will act appropriately i am sure.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
My daughter, aged 11, has recently started attending the school, and as it so happens the said teacher is, or was, her new form tutor. She is rather upset as she quite liked him and he was obviously pretty much one of her first impressions of her new school.
As a family we just hope and pray that matters are not made worse by a "baying for blood" (ie in the press), that the whole situation is treated with great sensitivity and understanding and not prejudged, and that both girl and teacher return home safely. Otherwise I, and many other parents, will have a lot more explaining and comfort to give to children of such a tender age.
Unfortunately social networking (facebook/twitter etc) does not always help the situation.

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
It's a crime of course, probably abduction and sex with a minor.
Sadly it goes on but at this time it's 'consensual' from the adol
escent rather than life threatening.
At my school there was a biology teacher knocking off a girl of 14. It was quite known anong the other students especially the girls, but he was getting away with it because it was thought by her peers that _she_ knew what she was doing!
Astounding i know, I wish we'd turned him in when i think about it now.
If i were her dad I'd be cleaning my gun and heading after him.

Why not clean your gun after you use it.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
My daughter, aged 11, has recently started attending the school, and as it so happens the said teacher is, or was, her new form tutor. She is rather upset as she quite liked him and he was obviously pretty much one of her first impressions of her new school.
As a family we just hope and pray that matters are not made worse by a "baying for blood" (ie in the press), that the whole situation is treated with great sensitivity and understanding and not prejudged, and that both girl and teacher return home safely. Otherwise I, and many other parents, will have a lot more explaining and comfort to give to children of such a tender age.
Unfortunately social networking (facebook/twitter etc) does not always help the situation.

some of her family members where tweeting saying she abducted only noticed as david gold retweeted one

Kawaii is literally just "cuteness" - a Japanese style usually oriented around animals or sometimes inanimate objects such as cakes. It's becoming increasingly popular in Western culture too and has nothing to do with sexualisation of anything - especially young women.
In Japan, maybe.

I'm not convinced that the practitioners of kawaii in the UK see the "cuteness" of young women in quite the same light. I might be wrong, of course, but there are no doubt questions to be asked.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here