Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall fans – still stuck in the 1970s?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
A quick look at their forum – the mistitled North Stand Banter – shows just how far Millwall fans’ attitudes have changed. Or not.

On this captivating thread – appropriately entitled “Haters” – several posters hanker for the good old days of Harry Cripps when, if hoofball to a big lump upfront wasn’t working, then breaking an opponent’s leg would always provide alternative entertainment. Evidently, modern football has, as it were, passed them by.

Warning: delicate souls should read no further because, even for Millwall, the caaantometer - throughout the board - has rocketed off-scale.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought they did make some noise yesterday at times TBF.

Most of it was phoning their mum's though asking what time it was for tea.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Most of their fans didn't look as though they were even ALIVE in the 70's. Full of chavy pathetic 14 year olds thinking they're the business.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Most Millwall fans are repressed homosexuals, that is why they are so angry, FACT.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Tried to be polite and pass the time of day to a couple of Millwall fans in the Lansdowne Lewes prior to our home game last season

One of them grunted the other snarled - guess thats as far as they have managed to reach within the evoloution chain

Stuck in 1970's BC - Yes !!

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
My favourite quote from that forum is:

Today we were out played, out supported and out sung by a bunch of f*****g bum bandit c**ts, aaaahhhhhhhhh! F*****g god help anyone who irritates me tonight while I'm out drowning my sorrows.

My favourite quote from that forum is:

"Today we were out played, out supported and out sung by a bunch of f*****g bum bandit c**ts, aaaahhhhhhhhh! F*****g god help anyone who irritates me tonight while I'm out drowning my sorrows."
Positively Chaucerian.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
went on one of their forums a few years back and was very depressed by the whole experience.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They pay something £25 a game just to stare at the opposing fans for 90 minutes, whatever floats your barge I suppose.

"Today we were out played, out supported and out sung by a bunch of f*****g bum bandit c**ts, aaaahhhhhhhhh! F*****g god help anyone who irritates me tonight while I'm out drowning my sorrows."

And that was Kenny Jacket ! :eek:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
They pay something £25 a game just to stare at the opposing fans for 90 minutes, whatever floats your barge I suppose.

I gotta say that was the three kids next to me yesterday. To be fair they did spend the entire game singing (even if the fella next to me got most of his words wrong) and pointing at a variety of Millwall goons doing their stuff. Anyway they enjoyed it and probably cheaper than going to Thorpe Park

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
Most of their fans didn't look as though they were even ALIVE in the 70's. Full of chavy pathetic 14 year olds thinking they're the business.

True in part, but also had a good chat with one in The Old Kings Head and he was sound. They play on the past maybe because it's all they've got.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here